15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 113 Old 05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
Sure thing.... I guess if there's enough interest I can get some extra material and have it on standby.... never hurts to have surplus round stock in my book. It gets cheaper to do the more you want... up to about 4' lengths.

If you don't have access to precision measuring tools you can always send 'em my way too... I'll draw them up in autoCAD and send 'em right back to you.

EDIT: What is the largest OD for the biggest spacer ya'll have? I'd like to get a head start on ordering the round stock if I can. :) I hate waiting on materials when I have work in hand. :)
I've got digital calipers to measure the spacers. If that's not going to be accurate enough, I can send them to you. Just PM me your address and I'll dig them out.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 113 Old 05-14-2016, 02:23 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
EDIT: What is the largest OD for the biggest spacer ya'll have? I'd like to get a head start on ordering the round stock if I can. :) I hate waiting on materials when I have work in hand. :)
I measured the largest part of the G4 stock spacer at 39.75mm or 1.5650". I"ll have to pull the rim to get to the other measurements.

#WordCrimes

post #23 of 113 Old 05-15-2016, 05:21 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
I measured the largest part of the G4 stock spacer at 39.75mm or 1.5650". I"ll have to pull the rim to get to the other measurements.
Perfect... I can get some 1.75" stock and go from there.... I'll PM you my co-ords.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

post #24 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 01:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sooo... I got my hands on an example of 2nd/3rd gen front captive spacers (Thanks SD!) and made a few improvements I think would help.

I added a bit of a beveled edge to help center between the forks/swingarm during installation, and I made the raised captive portion a bit wider as well. The examples I had were around .08"-ish wide and they would flop around a bit in the seal (especially my worn out wheel seals). I grew it out to about .125 and added a ramped edge that -should- help remove the seal without it wanting to grab the lip and/or spring as bad if you need to take them out for some reason. The seal lip itself still rides just inside that ramped edge. Pics below compare the stock, aftermarket (unpolished), and the ones I just hacked up (polished). The rear spacer I made has the smaller width lip, while the front spacer has the improvements. Gotta love prototyping.

...so what about those 4th gen pieces? Who wants a set that's willing to loan me some stockers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160601_205854.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	374586   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160601_210054.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	374594  
06blackpearl and or10r like this.

post #25 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 08:40 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Sooo... I got my hands on an example of 2nd/3rd gen front captive spacers (Thanks SD!) and made a few improvements I think would help.

I added a bit of a beveled edge to help center between the forks/swingarm during installation, and I made the raised captive portion a bit wider as well. The examples I had were around .08"-ish wide and they would flop around a bit in the seal (especially my worn out wheel seals). I grew it out to about .125 and added a ramped edge that -should- help remove the seal without it wanting to grab the lip and/or spring as bad if you need to take them out for some reason. The seal lip itself still rides just inside that ramped edge. Pics below compare the stock, aftermarket (unpolished), and the ones I just hacked up (polished). The rear spacer I made has the smaller width lip, while the front spacer has the improvements. Gotta love prototyping.

...so what about those 4th gen pieces? Who wants a set that's willing to loan me some stockers?
Those mods you've incorporated should be VERY helpful and improve on the design immensely. Very nicely done.

I'll get you the measurements this weekend for sure on the G4 ones. If you need them in-hand to mock up the captive ones, I'll see what I can work out with you on that sending you mine.

#WordCrimes

post #26 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Having them in hand would be good... I'm going to troll around ebay and see if I can find a set if you don't want your bike down. :)

EDIT: Don't sweat it SD... I just picked up a set of front/rear spacers off fleeBay right now.... I don't want to deprive you of your scooter this time of season. :) Hopefully this time next week I'll have some G4 sets I can start shipping out. :)

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 06-02-2016 at 09:48 AM.
post #27 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Looking good there Spaz, I know I will want to grab a set from you when someone is able to give you the 4th gen captive spacers.

Subscribed!~
post #28 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Subbed!
post #29 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 11:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhastme View Post
Looking good there Spaz, I know I will want to grab a set from you when someone is able to give you the 4th gen captive spacers.

Subscribed!~
I'll have a set of the stockers in my hand in the next few days... when I do I'll add you to the list... should only take a day or two to whip them up. The captive lip on these doesn't have to be very big to be effective... maybe .020"-.025" on the radius.... It's really just turning up spare wheel spacers with beveled edges and a tiny lip. :)

Front and rear? I'm gonna have to get a lot more material at this rate..... :) Does 20 bucks per axle (shipped priority) sound fair? That covers the metal and the 6 or so bucks to ship it... post office is getting 'espensive. :(

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 06-02-2016 at 11:22 AM.
post #30 of 113 Old 06-02-2016, 02:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I'll have a set of the stockers in my hand in the next few days... when I do I'll add you to the list... should only take a day or two to whip them up. The captive lip on these doesn't have to be very big to be effective... maybe .020"-.025" on the radius.... It's really just turning up spare wheel spacers with beveled edges and a tiny lip. :)

Front and rear? I'm gonna have to get a lot more material at this rate..... :) Does 20 bucks per axle (shipped priority) sound fair? That covers the metal and the 6 or so bucks to ship it... post office is getting 'espensive. :(
I would be up for both, at this cost why not? Where is the cost for the beer man!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.