Wanted WTB: 2016 rear Showa shock - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-01-2016, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

WTB: 2016 rear Showa shock

Looking for a cheap upgrade to my gen for. Anyone have one for sale and know if the gen 4 hardware will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm in the same boat as you...waiting until my 2013 OEM shock dies so that I can swap it out with a 2016 OEM shock. I've been keeping my eye on eBay sales for these shocks and sales have been erratic. A number have sold for very reasonable prices (sub $100 USD) but one seller held out for $399 and kept relisting for months on end and finally sold it recently. I can't fathom why somebody would pay that much for an OEM shock so they must've needed it badly!

Wait until the 2017s come out and more shocks hit the market and the prices drop. As for links, you've already seen ukzx10r's custom ones which I bought when he first offered them a while back. The quality is great but since I don't have a shock yet I haven't tried them out.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone S20/T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, Showa BFRC Lite w/ ukzx10r's plates, GP shift, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, set up by RMR Suspensions, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modified OEM sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 40,000km+ and going strong!
post #3 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
I'm in the same boat as you...waiting until my 2013 OEM shock dies so that I can swap it out with a 2016 OEM shock. I've been keeping my eye on eBay sales for these shocks and sales have been erratic. A number have sold for very reasonable prices (sub $100 USD) but one seller held out for $399 and kept relisting for months on end and finally sold it recently. I can't fathom why somebody would pay that much for an OEM shock so they must've needed it badly!

Wait until the 2017s come out and more shocks hit the market and the prices drop. As for links, you've already seen ukzx10r's custom ones which I bought when he first offered them a while back. The quality is great but since I don't have a shock yet I haven't tried them out.

I'm doing exactly that. Just thought I'd try here first before turning to eBay. As much as I'd love to, I just don't have time and money to go all out on the bike. I just want a well rounded, mostly- commuter ride and the stock suspension will get a little attention for sure.

post #4 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 12:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just curious, what makes you think a 2016 is going to be better than a 2013 oem shock?

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #5 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitech View Post
Anyone...know if the gen 4 hardware will work?
It is not direct fit, I think gen5 Showa shock will touch gen4 link plate. Adding gen5 link plates and dogbone should do it.
But how good 2016 Showa shock really is? Shock dyno test?

Race Gen4: K-teck DDS, OhlinsGP+link, RCS17+T-Drive, CordonaQS, Kit ECU+PC5, MivvFull, ported, milled, light crank, race in. cam, BMCrace.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013
Kawasaki KX450F 2016
post #6 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
It is not direct fit, I think gen5 Showa shock will touch gen4 link plate. Adding gen5 link plates and dogbone should do it.

But how good 2016 Showa shock really is? Shock dyno test?

With aftermarket linkplates from another member (mentioned above). Read multiple posts saying going this ride greatly improves the rear on the gen 4's. could be placebo effect, but it's heap enough for me to want to try.

post #7 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 06:26 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I'll have one with 800km's on it. It won't be free but I'm open to offers.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

On the OEM Gen 4 shock, one of the adjustments has far too limited of a range. When I took my bike to a suspension expert for set up, he had one of the settings maxed out (sorry, can't recall which) and he wished it could go even further. The Gen 5 Showa Balance Free Rear Cushion shock (technology that debuted on the '12 CBR1000RR and is similar to an Ohlins TTX according to the link below) doesn't have that problem.

https://rideapart.com/articles/the-c...hion-explained

2013 ABS, Bridgestone S20/T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, Showa BFRC Lite w/ ukzx10r's plates, GP shift, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, set up by RMR Suspensions, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modified OEM sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 40,000km+ and going strong!
post #9 of 16 Old 11-02-2016, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
I'll have one with 800km's on it. It won't be free but I'm open to offers.

PM sent.

post #10 of 16 Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Bump?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.