New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 23 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 222 Old 09-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
I would have to say forums in general are losing popularity. I don't get it, but most people I talk to these days, especially younger people, don't visit forums much.

I get what you're saying, and do agree to some degree, but some would say that by the time you registered, this place was less of a "family/friend" type site than it use to be. Just wait until all the 5th Gen people join.

As for "nothing was wrong with the old..." see my post here:
New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Is that what it is, an age thing? Do younger people just gravitate more towards insta/face/twit social media? Sad to me in a way. I mean there was a real sense of community here at one point. Still is in many ways but not like t was at one time. And really where else will you find so much subject specific info other than on a forum. Maybe thats just it. Forums are for info only and social media is more relational. Or maybe Im just rambling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I do think it is an age thing. Millennials (or whatever you call this new generation) Like instant shit and a forum isn't instant. The old chat room is I suppose but they like things like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Kik, whatever. And don't forget Facebook, geez. Forums to them are slow and boring, and you may have to actually read something to get information as it's not spoon fed to them. Not all of them are like that but a lot are. See it with my own eyes. Even had some freaks Snapchat their own arrests a while back and acted like it was a cool thing. Well, all I know is that we are old. Hell, the Mrs. gets asked if she has Snapchat or Kik by those same people so we can't be old lol.

But lets those whipper snappers have a problem with their 10R and lets see where they go- I bet those other things won't help them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennice View Post
Kids these days use social media for their interactions with their peers. They will hit forums once I'm awhile to get or post info, but generally they aren't going to spend much time hanging out on the forums like we have over the years. My two oldest boys hit the Jeep and Subie forums quite often, but the majority of their online interactions are with Instagram, Facebook, and the rest. Hell, I'm a FOG and I don't even hang out on the forums like I used to. Honestly, there are only so many oil, exhaust, tire, suspension and HP threads you can have. And this particular forum doesn't have much going on in the racing threads.
Good Posts and Reply's guys I think you all nailed it on the head.

My .02cents some of us got spoiled in a Good way starting back in 2004/2005 Kawasaki Unleashes a Bike never even Fathomed a 160hp 400lb bike same HP as a Hayabusa but a 100lbs lighter, where are you going to go to learn about taking care of such a BEAST? It started with other Forums like bikeland.org but in the end this Site became the Premier place to go.

The ZX-10R.com was the first place later named ZX-10.net with a Private Owner that was engaged as well and great owner but time took it's toll with a site growing beyond expectations i would assume....Great Times though.

The site grew so fast even more post per day than bigger Sites that had ZX10R only Forums.

It did become a Family here with many Friends made and even some Moderators having fights/disagreements online it was a mad house back in the day but at the same time very addicting to all members you had to log on the site everyday, some glued to the Forum all day to see what was happening next and to be surprised or to get information.

In ZX-10r.com s hay day the Chat room was very Active most nights 10-20 members talking each night about anything even motorcycles.

At the same time new bikes were coming out this site got attacked with new BMW owners causing trouble and vise versa, the Social Media Websites started to Grow beyond belief.

This site got so big it Got the attention of Motorcycle.com it was Clear to anyone that knew about Motorcycle Forums if you want the Most Active and Complete Forum about ZX-10Rs then ZX-10r.com/net was the place to be everyone came to this site at one time or another over the years.

I am one of the last standing on this site that have seen it all so can make an educated guess that YSR is right forums in General are loosing ground the days of Mom and Pop forums has disappeared for the most part if World Wide type forums not sure about just local forums.

With all that said though this site still does remain the Worlds #1 Forum for information for ZX-10Rs......don't believe me next time you get into a bind this site comes up most often than most with a Google searches even to this day.

bloo
dudewhrsmybike likes this.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 222 Old 09-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
New issue I found on the Kindles browser (Silk). When using a smilie in a post and pressing the "more" button. You get the typical pop up box but there are no smilies. Just a redirect to the mobile version home page.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.