Like and Rep issues - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Since the site upgrade a few weeks back neither the LIKE or REP function works for me.

New Toshiba laptop, windows 8.1 IE 10.

Don't miss it though.

But your a good dude or10r, I would rep ya if I could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-22-2015, 12:47 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Since the site upgrade a few weeks back neither the LIKE or REP function works for me.

New Toshiba laptop, windows 8.1 IE 10.

Don't miss it though.

But your a good dude or10r, I would rep ya if I could.
I like win10, so would recommend UNLESS you're totally into explorer as Edge replaced Exp, but Edge is a simple adjustment. Anyway everything runs better on 10. Anything that stumbled now goes fast like wireless connection, booting up, shutting down, even mal-ware seems filtered by 10, but not certain of this yet.
post #3 of 30 Old 08-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Well I appreciate that. Not rep hunting but are you having any other troubles with the site. Those are definately issues that need addressing.
Seems like rep doesn't work for me either today. Weird.

Edit- seems to work after I post to the thread now. Exactly the same problem I have with the like button...

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.

post #4 of 30 Old 08-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Worked fine for me.

Let us know if it keeps giving you guys problems. And like Box did, mention the OS and browser that you're using.

Btw:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
You tried all the normal BS like clearing cache, log in, update broswer, etc?

Jeff
Thinking of making this my sig

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss

Last edited by YSR50; 08-22-2015 at 07:36 PM.
post #5 of 30 Old 08-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
Worked fine for me.

Let us know if it keeps giving you guys problems. And like Box did, mention the OS and browser that you're using.

Btw:

Thinking of making this my sig
I believe it is a skin issue YSR, at least with me. The Classic (Greenapple) skin doesnt play nice with the like (and now rep) functions since the upgrade. I've trouble ticketed it before and spoke with Administrator about it and either no one can replicate the issue or no one knows how yo fix the issue at least for now. I can like/rep on a thread once I post to the thread in question, but only immediately after. If I wait i will have to post again to like or rep.

FF 40.0.2 / Chrome 44.0.2403.155

Edit- changed to the standard skin to see what would happen and it does the exact same thing as the greenapple skin. Posted a screen cap.

Must be just me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	errors.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	337234  

BURNOUT.....

Last edited by mr_honez; 08-23-2015 at 08:46 PM.
post #6 of 30 Old 08-24-2015, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I believe it is a skin issue YSR, at least with me. The Classic (Greenapple) skin doesnt play nice with the like (and now rep) functions since the upgrade. I've trouble ticketed it before and spoke with Administrator about it and either no one can replicate the issue or no one knows how yo fix the issue at least for now. I can like/rep on a thread once I post to the thread in question, but only immediately after. If I wait i will have to post again to like or rep.

Edit- changed to the standard skin to see what would happen and it does the exact same thing as the greenapple skin. Posted a screen cap.

Must be just me?
Me as well.
post #7 of 30 Old 08-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Must be just me?
I just Rep ed you one with firefox 38 and another member with firefox 40.0.2 the latest no problem and I never even posted to this thread. .....Also I was in Green Apple Windows 8.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #8 of 30 Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
Me as well.
Weird. I know that there are others too but don't know or dont care.

Box, I'm using FF 40.0.2 / Chrome 44.0.2403.155 on Win7 Home Premium X64 SP1. What or you using? Just trying to determine if we may have something in common that may be effecting it.

Edit- Just read you have IE10 /Win8... I'll do better next time lol.
Have you tried FF or Chrome yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I just Rep ed you one with firefox 38 and another member with firefox 40.0.2 the latest no problem and I never even posted to this thread. .....Also I was in Green Apple Windows 8.

bloo
Thanks Bloo. I can receive likes and rep, but can only give after I post. I thought it was the Greenapple skin that was doing it but it happens no matter what skin I use. It's not that big of deal but is annoying at times.

BURNOUT.....

Last edited by mr_honez; 08-24-2015 at 09:13 PM.
post #9 of 30 Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Weird. I know that there are others too but don't know or dont care.

Box, I'm using FF 40.0.2 / Chrome 44.0.2403.155 on Win7 Home Premium X64 SP1. What or you using? Just trying to determine if we may have something in common that may be effecting it.

Thanks Bloo. I can receive likes and rep, but can only give after I post. I thought it was the Greenapple skin that was doing it but it happens no matter what skin I use. It's not that big of deal but is annoying at times.
Well it is a big deal if an issue and those usually get noticed by members like you that point it out.

Like I said and a few others already no problems but I see your using Windows 7 but don't think that's it...in fact I have another machine I will try in a bit it has Windows 7 but meanwhile if you can get on another PC that may help to confirm if it's on your end....thanks

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #10 of 30 Old 08-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

A little off Topic but I noticed Quote Issues meaning press Quote and a New box with Quote doesn't show up....so I would say some settings or something has changed since we did upgrades just FYI I will start something later on that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.