Just FYI - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-31-2017, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just FYI

You guys have so much crap running in the ads of these sites now that the actual functionality of the forum is being compromised by 2 different ad-blockers I have tried. The only way to get the site to display notifications properly or even reply to a post in some cases (especially on 1000RR.net) is to disable the ad-blocker and I am not even talking about optional pop-up windows. Personally I am just losing more & more interest in even reading these sites with all this kind of extraneous crap happening in the background and slowing down the site performance which just makes me want to go watch youtube or play on instagram instead and I am betting I am not the only one. Pretty soon it will be nothing, but bots getting your page counts and eventually all your ad sponsors will see the decline in their ROI as well. I know you probably don't care about the long run as nobody does anymore, but don't say I didn't warn you when your viewership continues to tank on your various forums.

Last edited by LDH; 05-31-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
You guys have so much crap running in the ads of these sites now that the actual functionality of the forum is being compromised by 2 different ad-blockers I have tried. The only way to get the site to display notifications properly or even reply to a post in some cases (especially on 1000RR.net) is to disable the ad-blocker and I am not even talking about optional pop-up windows. Personally I am just losing more & more interest in even reading these sites with all this kind of extraneous crap happening in the background and slowing down the site performance which just makes me want to go watch youtube or play on instagram instead and I am betting I am not the only one. Pretty soon it will be nothing, but bots getting your page counts and eventually all your ad sponsors will see the decline in their ROI as well. I know you probably don't care about the long run as nobody does anymore, but don't say I didn't warn you when your viewership continues to tank on your various forums.
Its the ever greedy Vertical Scope mogul. Them ripping off the site vendors is not enough, they need more $$$
post #3 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 08:01 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just threw my phone earlier, everytime i would go to click on a topic the page would move down and open an add. I sulked for a few minutes and then watched the Pens game.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #4 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 08:55 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You guys still have the issues even when using the classic skin mode?

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
post #5 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
If you white list verticalscope in your adblocker, you should be able to make it compatible with the site again. Adblocker is blocking a function that tracks you only when on the site and makes sure things work correctly. If you whitelist Verticalscope, things should go back to normal for you.

If you are having trouble doing so, let me know what browser and adblocker you are using

Kevin
post #6 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Using AdBlock on Chrome, have zero ads, have zero problems, also only run the classic skin.

All of the forums under this umbrella company have turned to crap like this. You're not gonna get away from it very easily.

I don't know how people use the mobile site though, that is proper dogshit
evilaugust likes this.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #7 of 12 Old 06-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Same ^... Running Chrome with ad blocker and runs smoothly on my slow af work computer with no ads.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Right. Forgot that the glitch doesn't effect you if you are using Classic Skin. If you are happy using that, then all to the good

Kevin
post #9 of 12 Old 06-05-2017, 12:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Right. Forgot that the glitch doesn't effect you if you are using Classic Skin. If you are happy using that, then all to the good

Kevin
If the new skin has a glitch, why not revert the site to classic so there is no glitch

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #10 of 12 Old 06-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
I always use the old green apple skin. Waaay less hassle and easier to navigate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.