1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 12-14-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Changes to the Motorcycle.com App.

Hello,

We’re here to announce some changes to the Motorcycle.com app. Firstly, we regret to say that Tapatalk is pulling its support of our branded Motorcycle.com apps, both the free and paid versions. As a result no further updates for them will be released and they will no longer be available for download as of December 31st 2015. Sites that request it can be added to the main version of Tapatalk, but all app support will need to go through Tapatalk itself.

However, we can now announce that we have developed a brand new Motorcycle App developed with a different company that we will be working very closely with. This will allow for issues to be addressed in a much timelier manner. The new app can be found here!

iOS:
Motorcycle Free (Motorcycle.com) by AutoGuide.Com https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/moto...000718653?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...torcycle&hl=en

You’ll notice that there’s no paid version of this app. That’s because unlike the old app this one recognizes paid users on the site and is ad free for those groups!

Some other important features include:

Being able to switch freely between light and dark skins!
Being able to upload more than one picture at a time!
Instant push notifications for all of your subscriptions and PM’s
Regular updates directly through the site so you don’t have to search through the app store!
A new streamlined look for speed readers and posters!

We hope you enjoy this brand new app and we thank you for all the time you put in to the old!

As always we welcome your suggestions and issues, so please post them here!
Remember to include your device and operating system when you’re posting issues!

Thanks
The Community Support Team

If you ned Admin assistance please post here:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f36/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
So, this didn't get much attention when it got posted, but I immediately downloaded it. I tried it out myself. And have been using the old version of the app ever since. This is primarily due to the newer version aborting on the splash screen. Initially it worked alright, but since the early part of January hasn't worked a single time since due to this failure. Since this new one doesn't work, I'm about to delete it from my phone.

The limited experience I had with the new version made me pray that the old one would continue to work. The new version is slower and more cluttered in it's view. I didn't care much for it, but was willing to give it a shot to see if I could get used to it.

Currently running iOS 9.3 beta 2 on an iPhone 6. At the time I tried this, I was running the latest public release of the OS.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 41 Old 02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Might want to nuke and pave the app. Works fine over here with iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 running 9.2.1. I'll let you know about my beta device later.

post #4 of 41 Old 02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post
Might want to nuke and pave the app. Works fine over here with iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 running 9.2.1. I'll let you know about my beta device later.
Roger that. I'll give that a shot for the 3rd time and see what happens. Deleted and re-installed it the first time it hung up repeatedly and then after updating to the latest beta. Can't hurt to try it again.

#WordCrimes

post #5 of 41 Old 02-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
iPad mini running 9.3 works also
post #6 of 41 Old 02-05-2016, 04:37 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
UPDATE: It's working again. Had to delete it, reinstall it, delete it again, respring the phone, and then reinstall it again. That got it working. Thanks YSR

OK, now for the bad stuff. Yes, this version is driving me nuts. I typically log in, and go right to "new posts". So, when I'm in the New Posts listing, how come it doesn't show me the actual New Posts? I get a thread listing that have new posts associated with them, but the preview is the original post, not the new one. So, then I have to tap into that thread and it doesn't automatically take me to the newest post. I have to scroll all the way down to the newest post because I prefer the linear order oldest->newest. And THEN, when I'm done reading that there's no Back button to return me to the listing where I just was! Ugh. It's time consuming and slows down my browsing of the site with this app.

The other problem for me is I paid for the older version to remove the ads. Now I have the ads at the bottom taking up valuable screen space on my phone. The animations for the menuing and thread loading could be a whole lot faster as well.

The look and feel is more modern than the old version, but until there's some refinements, the old version will be what I use. This new version is way too frustrating.

#WordCrimes

post #7 of 41 Old 02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
I don't use either, for a lot of the same reasons. Prefer the browsers full desktop view (not "enhanced") on my mobile devices.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #8 of 41 Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
UPDATE: It's working again. Had to delete it, reinstall it, delete it again, respring the phone, and then reinstall it again. That got it working. Thanks YSR

OK, now for the bad stuff. Yes, this version is driving me nuts. I typically log in, and go right to "new posts". So, when I'm in the New Posts listing, how come it doesn't show me the actual New Posts? I get a thread listing that have new posts associated with them, but the preview is the original post, not the new one. So, then I have to tap into that thread and it doesn't automatically take me to the newest post. I have to scroll all the way down to the newest post because I prefer the linear order oldest->newest. And THEN, when I'm done reading that there's no Back button to return me to the listing where I just was! Ugh. It's time consuming and slows down my browsing of the site with this app.

The other problem for me is I paid for the older version to remove the ads. Now I have the ads at the bottom taking up valuable screen space on my phone. The animations for the menuing and thread loading could be a whole lot faster as well.

The look and feel is more modern than the old version, but until there's some refinements, the old version will be what I use. This new version is way too frustrating.
Added you into a usergroup to remove the adds. Let me know if that worked.

Just doing to trials on my end, and when you go to a thread, it should take you to the most recent post unread by you. The threads you are checking, have you been to them before, on app or off?

Kevin
post #9 of 41 Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Added you into a usergroup to remove the adds. Let me know if that worked.

Just doing to trials on my end, and when you go to a thread, it should take you to the most recent post unread by you. The threads you are checking, have you been to them before, on app or off?

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. I tried logging out and back into the app and the ads are still showing there.

As for your other question, no, it doesn't matter what the thread is or whether I've posted in it already or not. Here's a side-by-side of the old app versus the new one showing the "unread" posts versus the "new posts" for what I'm seeing. In the older version, it didn't matter whether I was involved in the thread or not. It just showed the threads with the new posts and the most recent post summarized in the listing. In this side-by-side, you can see that in the new app, only the original post in the thread is listed. If I clicked it, I went immediately to the new post. And once I was done, I just clicked the back button to go back to the summary listing and the thread I just visited was removed from the list. This is primarily how I navigate on the app. Since I'm on here so much, I can usually get up-to-speed quickly by just reviewing the New Posts which is what I check often.

Another thing I notice with the new app is that the subforum is not shown either. This was handy for Moderating as I could tell pretty quickly if someone was posting in the wrong section or not. Not so much any more without clicking into the thread to see what forum it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-08 11.36.47.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	356473   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-08 11.37.07.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	356481  

#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 02-08-2016 at 12:51 PM.
post #10 of 41 Old 02-09-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
I will bring up the forum section in our group meeting. But as for the thread disappearing... wouldn't you need to read the last page in order got the thread to be removed from that section. The threads that you participate in will appear in active topics... I believe. I'll also have to ask about mods seeing ads in the app.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.