ZX10r Gone - New H2 has Arrived - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 59 Old 06-21-2016, 04:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

From sitting here in the uk i just cant understand why americans want to ruin a decent bike for 8.6 seconds of pleasure.
Thats some good quarter mile time he did but why is that all you want from a bike?
Surely the thing about a bike is it is fun to lean a bike through the corners.
I just cant see whats so fun about going in a straight line.
Ive done drag days and its ok but ive also done trackdays and that to me is a whole lot more fun.
I do like the h2 with the stock pipe removed. Sweet
jr0065 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 Old 06-21-2016, 05:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukzx10r View Post
From sitting here in the uk i just cant understand why americans want to ruin a decent bike for 8.6 seconds of pleasure.
Thats some good quarter mile time he did but why is that all you want from a bike?
Surely the thing about a bike is it is fun to lean a bike through the corners.
I just cant see whats so fun about going in a straight line.
Ive done drag days and its ok but ive also done trackdays and that to me is a whole lot more fun.
I do like the h2 with the stock pipe removed. Sweet
There are quite a few reasons... especially the accessibility of that type of racing. Between cost, venues, time on track, crashing, etc... it's cheaper and a LOT of fun in the right environment. Plus, he's -making- money in competition & breaking records on that bike; most explanations would stop there.

But I guess a bigger point to make here is: what makes you think the bike is ruined? It still does everything it used to do, it just takes a little more room to turn it... perhaps you won't win the Deal's Gap Poseur Trophy or the Canyon to Starbucks TT with that wheelbase, but it's still pretty damn enjoyable on the road. :) Once upon a time I used to belong to that "oh, more swingarm = ruined crowd"... but then started touring on a bike that weighs 650+ lbs and has a 60" wheelbase... and I have no problem with any sane pace on any road with pretty much any bike.... and there are lots and lots of guys faster than me around. Fact is, a competent rider can hustle a long bike (within reason) a helluva lot faster than surface road conditions or any law allow; you'd be shocked if you ever saw someone do it. ;)
BOOSTED and ukzx10r like this.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 06-21-2016 at 05:19 PM.
post #43 of 59 Old 06-22-2016, 03:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
There are quite a few reasons... especially the accessibility of that type of racing. Between cost, venues, time on track, crashing, etc... it's cheaper and a LOT of fun in the right environment. Plus, he's -making- money in competition & breaking records on that bike; most explanations would stop there.

But I guess a bigger point to make here is: what makes you think the bike is ruined? It still does everything it used to do, it just takes a little more room to turn it... perhaps you won't win the Deal's Gap Poseur Trophy or the Canyon to Starbucks TT with that wheelbase, but it's still pretty damn enjoyable on the road. :) Once upon a time I used to belong to that "oh, more swingarm = ruined crowd"... but then started touring on a bike that weighs 650+ lbs and has a 60" wheelbase... and I have no problem with any sane pace on any road with pretty much any bike.... and there are lots and lots of guys faster than me around. Fact is, a competent rider can hustle a long bike (within reason) a helluva lot faster than surface road conditions or any law allow; you'd be shocked if you ever saw someone do it. ;)
I think the long swing arms look cheap and look flimsey. The standard wheelbase looks perfect.
But i understand wanting to mod a bike as im always doing it.
Its just odd to us in the uk. Not as much interest in straight line action here.
post #44 of 59 Old 06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
^LOL!!

Well big update. I will get straight to the point lol. Thanks to Brocks Performance and their stage 2 kit, Guhl Motors ECU flash, an Adams swingarm, and a friend of mine named Randy Hope, Canada has the worlds fastest H2 in the 1/4 mile (for now lol) with an 8.62 in the 1/4 mile at 166mph.

This was Randy's first time even sitting on an H2 let alone riding one and achieved that time on his very first pass. I also unfortunately forgot to tell him about the increased rev limit, and was shifting around 13k rpm!! I also forgot to tell him about the quick shifter, but he did use it in 5th and 6th gear. We were hoping to get another test pass in on Sunday after our race series was complete, but unfortunately with the track oiled down twice we ran out of time. There is no doubt in my mind with a few changes this bike will be running 8.40's if not faster. I am really hoping this posts motivates Rickey to get his H2 out with the plus kit and a stretch. I want to see an H2 in the 7's!!!

This same also had many other firsts for myself. I have never ran 8's in the 1/4 mile before, and on my first ever launch and pass with the new bike I ran an 8.94 at 163mph. I was very surprised. This H2 is what I am using to compete in our Canadian Cup Series crazy 8's class which has an 8.88 dial in. I ended up making it to the finals on Saturday and beat out a fellow racer with a 0.002 difference giving me not only the closest race I have ever had, but also my very first crazy 8's win. On Sunday I qualified number 2 with an 8.91 and made it to the finals again. This time against my friend Randy who rode my H2 the previous day and had a perfect 8.880 pass in the semi finals. To my surprise I got randy on the tree, and was able to push him under to an 8.87 with a 0.02 finish, taking the crazy 8's win on Sunday too. This was my first ever back to back series wins. I was blown away! An exciting weekend that I will never forget. Here are some pics.

Don't hold your breath on 7's. Gadsen could not get an H2r in the 7's with Kawasaki's help.
post #45 of 59 Old 06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10r2016 View Post
Don't hold your breath on 7's. Gadsen could not get an H2r in the 7's with Kawasaki's help.

post #46 of 59 Old 06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I think the long swing arms look cheap and look flimsey. The standard wheelbase looks perfect.
Its just odd to us in the uk. Not as much interest in straight line action here.
Heh, I agree with you... the really thin chromoly arms do look goofy.... some of the Mcintosh and DME aluminum arms look a lot better... especially under 64" :) But they work for what they're intended. I guess that was my point... they may look goofy to you or me, but they are still plenty enjoyable. I hate yellow bikes, but painting one like a chicken doesn't ruin it...... much. ;)

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 06-22-2016 at 05:15 PM.
post #47 of 59 Old 06-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Can you use the traction control to control your wheelie?
He is using a ZX14 rear wheel, and even if you have a ZX14 wheel with the sensor ring, it's different from the H2 sensor ring. I also suspect the significantly different weight distribution (from being stretched) would require different calibration in order to function correctly if you wanted to use it.

And ... even on a stock H2, a burnout confuses the system and makes the ABS warning lamp come on and stay on (until you switch the ignition off and on again), even if you turn traction control off first ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
^Nope. For it to fully work it would have to be on the highest setting, and even then I don't think it would help. The launch control and any assists end up slowing you down.
Have you tried launch control to see what happens? I think it works independently of the traction control although I haven't tried it. I think all it does is hold the revs at a certain point while you hold full throttle, until the clutch is released. Not sure, though.
tdh likes this.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #48 of 59 Old 12-27-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just realized it's been some 6 months since I logged in lol!

Quote:
I don't like the look of the arm either compared to the factory one, but its function over form here. The H2 is by far the hardest bike I have ever ridden in terms of acceleration. I have been on every 1000cc bike out there, Hayabusa, zx14r, and even rode a 380whp Turbo Hayabusa and the H2 its just wild. Even with the stretch the bike still easily wheelies, and is a challenge to ride. The H2 needs a swingarm in order to fully utilize the response of the supercharger. Without it, you will either have to play with the throttle for a couple gears, or gear it stupid tall. Not exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post

Nailed it!!! I would suggest to the others grabbing a ruler and measuring out say 6", and then say because a tire is moved back that small amount that handling becomes completely ruined when it doesn't. Sure like you said it wont break records, but you can still have a blast on the back roads. The big thing is ride height. So long as you don't slam it and use a fat tire, the bike still works great. I don't need to push the corners any harder on the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10r2016 View Post
Since this post the record is now 8.05 at 177mph. Trust me 2017 we will see an H2 in the 7's. Gadson also started off with a bike that was completely brand new. You didn't see someone take a Hayabusa in 1999 go out and run 7's when it first came out. Now 7's are easy peasy with them.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #49 of 59 Old 12-27-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

As for an update, the bike treated me very well this year. Ended up making a trip to Ohio for the mile event and broke a class record of 201mph with my 208.4mph. My first ever full pass I did 204mph entering the 200mph and taking home a class record. Very exciting day. Was hoping for 216-220mph, but the 15+mph cross/head wind wasn't helping that day. Here are some vids from this season for you guys.

SpazOnaZX and belkins like this.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #50 of 59 Old 12-27-2016, 08:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well done man!you should be pumped great effort mate
BOOSTED likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.