• 3 Post By LDH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-27-2017, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sonoma with PTT on 02/26/17

A little background:

Gorgeous weekend, but a track that has seen weeks of rain in addition to a cold HIGH of 55 degrees for the weekend lead to quite a few crashes on Saturday and more than a few on Sunday too, but the track being green was not my biggest concern. Sonoma is falling apart! There are bad ripples right on the line all over the track that simply didn't used to be there and chunks of asphalt missing in several places... I really wish they would spend some money on it because it is still my favorite track in California and PTT puts on an EXCELLENT event! I really like that crew...

So I took a local guy that wants to get into racing under my wing a little and kinda gave him some sponsorship and help with getting everything set-up. This guy loves everything motorcycles and his enthusiasm for the sport moves my jaded persona a little... Well I decided I would go with him to the AFM New Racers School this last weekend and help him get the geometry for his Full Ohlins treatment sorted on Saturday so he could do the NRS on Sunday. A few issues worked through and he was golden and my good friend Chris Maguire with CT Racing Pirelli tires offered me a spot to ride so I couldn't say no. Especially since I haven't been on a bike in 4 months and haven't ridden Sonoma in at least 4 years... Naturally I had the Blue Roach with me just in case and I had spooned on a some sweet sticky goodness on the rear a couple nights before

I only got to ride a few sessions, but it was enough and I had a friggin blast being back out there. This Gen4 Zed-X is the shit. Not one time in this video did I ever go full throttle and rarely approach redline and while not anywhere near race pace it just makes it soooo easy to have some fun at a trackday and still get around at a decent clip without even breaking a sweat.

I did have a False Neutral between 1st & 2nd gear that screwed me up a little, but outside of that it was a very easy, uneventful ride just the way I like it.

SpazOnaZX, NinjaLife and Lanister like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2017, 10:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

...dat music at the start though, that had me chuckling.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-28-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post

...dat music at the start though, that had me chuckling.
To be quite honest I was giggling a bit when I put it in there just thinking about all the poor bastards being forced to listen to it unsuspectingly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.