Site mascot - Page 7 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: Who will be the new site mascot?
"Toothless" from the How to Train Your Dragon series 15 51.72%
"Kyle" the dog from Dispicable Me 6 20.69%
The Purple bad Minion from Dispicable Me 2 6.90%
Gumby Ninja 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 92 Old 03-16-2017, 01:35 PM
.net Most Followed Member

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lots or lurking, for example 12 members online only and 300 something guests or more usually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 92 Old 03-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
That's a good thought. We have InstaFaceTwit to compete with.
Well whatever it is I'm old school, don't do the InstaTwitFace or whatever. I don't got enough time for all of that. I figure if it's important enough I'll get a text or *gasp* a call from an actual person.

Going to keep bumping this thread until it's poll time closes.
I see what you did there, instaTwatface.
Agree!
post #63 of 92 Old 03-16-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
I don't use them either. I had facebook, twitter and bunch of other ones till about six years ago. I read some research studies that made me get rid of all of them. There was more negative than positive information. They reduce productivity, cause interpersonal communication problems (people have problems with face to face communication), create relationship problems, people spend less real time with others...etc etc. People are not living in reality anymore, instead virtual reality. Every time my wife and I go to a restaurant, amusement park or just a walk down the street every one is head down looking at their phone updating their status or something.

Everyone just does it and social media is now what the majority of people use to communicate with and "meet" on to share their lives. The truth is they are a huge waste of time and do not provide any real means of social interaction. In my psychology undergraduate and graduate courses I have learned how social media sites stimulate gratification and reward centers in the brain. That is what keeps people using them. Being social media is huge business, psychologist are hired by the sites to help them develop ways to keep people using them.
Yeah this. A well thought out lucid post and 100% accurate. I read the other day where because of the way we use media now our average attention span has shrank to 1.6 seconds. That's less than a gold fish.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. Bruce Lee.
post #64 of 92 Old 03-17-2017, 12:54 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

This is my only form of social media. No instatwatbook here either. My forum usage had fallen off to match my closing of social media stuff. Just spent more time doing other stuff. Internet was email and research only basically.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #65 of 92 Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Rock the vote. One week left.
ridersdiscount likes this.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. Bruce Lee.
post #66 of 92 Old 03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

or10r and Duhastme like this.

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #67 of 92 Old 03-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
I don't use them either. I had facebook, twitter and bunch of other ones till about six years ago. I read some research studies that made me get rid of all of them. There was more negative than positive information. They reduce productivity, cause interpersonal communication problems (people have problems with face to face communication), create relationship problems, people spend less real time with others...etc etc. People are not living in reality anymore, instead virtual reality. Every time my wife and I go to a restaurant, amusement park or just a walk down the street every one is head down looking at their phone updating their status or something.

Everyone just does it and social media is now what the majority of people use to communicate with and "meet" on to share their lives. The truth is they are a huge waste of time and do not provide any real means of social interaction. In my psychology undergraduate and graduate courses I have learned how social media sites stimulate gratification and reward centers in the brain. That is what keeps people using them. Being social media is huge business, psychologist are hired by the sites to help them develop ways to keep people using them.

Anyway, I digress..... VOTE FOR NINJA GUMBY
WOW, that was really deep. Thank you for sharing. You brought up some very interesting points. I feel its also a huge escape for those who are narcissistic, which further proves your point. However working in Entertainment, one of my clients (who is on her 13th season) banks over 25 million yearly fully utilizing social media. So not bad for some, but deteriorates morality and natural human interactions face to face.
MrMoto73 likes this.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #68 of 92 Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post
WOW, that was really deep. Thank you for sharing. You brought up some very interesting points. I feel its also a huge escape for those who are narcissistic, which further proves your point. However working in Entertainment, one of my clients (who is on her 13th season) banks over 25 million yearly fully utilizing social media. So not bad for some, but deteriorates morality and natural human interactions face to face.
Don't want to jack this thread any further.... but... lol...

As you say, it is not all bad. When used in a productive manner social media is a great tool. However, is it a great tool because social media is just the place where everyone is at these days? You know what though? If everyone used it like they do when watching TV, surfing the internet or going to the movies it would not be so bad. In all those things we have to schedule that time for when we are not engaged in the real world. People cannot schedule their instatwatfaces because of the instant gratification they get with every "like". The more they upload what they are doing every second of the day the more gratification they get. They also enjoy "liking" other peoples stuff because in turn that may also generate more "likes" for them. Getting "likes" and "liking" is almost as powerful as meth or crack because it rewards the same gratification regions in our brains. So much that there are 18 to 26 year olds in relationships who prefer getting on social media than getting off with each other. I think the number was 3 percent of that population.... it's not a huge amount, but still.... that is worrisome. I'm 43 and I could not imagine choosing facebook over facesitting....just saying.

So....yeah... VOTE FOR NINJA GUMBY! See didn't totally jack the thread.
YSR50, SOUN1, SpazOnaZX and 2 others like this.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #69 of 92 Old 03-22-2017, 01:23 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Back to the looney bin with ya! Im liking your post, just so youll like mine back.

VOTE OR DIE
MrMoto73 likes this.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #70 of 92 Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 AM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

MrMoto73, I'd just like your post... does it bring you total gratification? hahahahaha...
I do agree with your point of view...
MrMoto73 likes this.

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.