4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 01-01-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
EJR
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhastme View Post
Good video, wish I could hear your exhaust though.
[
Just curious what wind screen is that?
MRA windscreen. They are from Germany, and they are absolutely awesome. They do clear, blacked out, double bubbles, and stock. The quality is superb. They run about 85 bucks US.
Duhastme likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
That is my favorite track of all time! Looks like you had a great time out there. I got kicked off it with my Gen1 for being too loud once. After that I just used my stock pipe. Great track even if there is a sound limit though!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #13 of 18 Old 01-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Sweet, looks like a blast.

I'm booked to go March 23 and 24, cannot wait!!
post #14 of 18 Old 01-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Nice!
post #15 of 18 Old 01-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I run a stock exhaust for Laguna (including cat plus a little re-director insert by Jay Murray) and let me tell you, not having to short-shift past the sound booth is well worth the hassle. I did keep my stock headers so that bolting up the stock exhaust takes 5 minutes. Here's a vid from last summer during Keigwins event. And no music ;)

post #16 of 18 Old 01-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
I run a stock exhaust for Laguna (including cat plus a little re-director insert by Jay Murray) and let me tell you, not having to short-shift past the sound booth is well worth the hassle. I did keep my stock headers so that bolting up the stock exhaust takes 5 minutes. Here's a vid from last summer during Keigwins event. And no music ;)

LS 6-20-2016 - YouTube
Good reason to keep my stocker handy...can't wait to ride Laguna on the ZX - I was doing 1:44s on my 675 WITH having to roll off between 5 and 6...such a fun track.

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs
post #17 of 18 Old 01-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Good reason to keep my stocker handy...can't wait to ride Laguna on the ZX - I was doing 1:44s on my 675 WITH having to roll off between 5 and 6...such a fun track.
Yes, rolling off between 5-6 will lose you a few seconds for sure. Not to mention the sketchy speed differential going into turn 6 with liter bikes hauling ass behind you. Never felt comfortable with that and also very annoying when someone in front is slow into 6 and I have to slow down. In the video, the pace is around 1:34-35s. The group ahead is Dakota Mammola, Martin Szwarc and Patryk.

Good call on keeping the stocker, you won't regret it. Make sure you keep the cat as well. Also, and that's very important. Inside your catalytic converter, the side that meets with headers, there are a few layers of honeycombs deep inside. You've got to break them up and pull them out. Those things are only ok to keep when fuel-cut is enabled. Because your bike will have it disabled, it will slightly melt/deform them and they will come loose and potentially block your exhaust. Don't ask me how I know :)

Last edited by Lanister; 01-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.
post #18 of 18 Old 01-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
Yes, rolling off between 5-6 will lose you a few seconds for sure. Not to mention the sketchy speed differential going into turn 6 with liter bikes hauling ass behind you. Never felt comfortable with that and also very annoying when someone in front is slow into 6 and I have to slow down. In the video, the pace is around 1:34-35s. The group ahead is Dakota Mammola, Martin Szwarc and Patryk.

Good call on keeping the stocker, you won't regret it. Make sure you keep the cat as well. Also, and that's very important. Inside your catalytic converter, the side that meets with headers, there are a few layers of honeycombs deep inside. You've got to break them up and pull them out. Those things are only ok to keep when fuel-cut is enabled. Because your bike will have it disabled, it will slightly melt/deform them and they will come loose and potentially block your exhaust. Don't ask me how I know :)
Thanks for the head's up, good to know!

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.