Gen5/H2/S1000RR/1299SA/RSV4-RF/R1M/EBR 1190RX Dyno Shoot-Out - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 04-02-2017, 05:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Woolich Facebook had 2 gen5s on the Dyno!1 just had a flash no tune 185hp and the other I didn't go to much into was 191hp!as what was said before the gen4 is around 176-180hp all day but with the gen5 post it seems to be up and down like a honeymooners pr.ck!I take Archers word and results on the gen5 as factual
belkins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 04-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

At our local dyno here we see a lot of s1000rr & zx10 being run. Gen5 are running mostly 190s with a couple hitting 200s but pretty consistent mid 190s with just about any 3/4 exhaust and flash. S1000rr seem to vary more than the zx10 depending on what exhaust used. Flashed bikes are running 180-190s with a couple just over 200.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
mpp12 and peterd10r like this.
post #33 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
You don't have a clue...hang out at the Drag Strips....there is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!! PERIOD!!....AND WHEN IT COMES TO THE STREET I NEVER LOOSE EITHER.

bloo
What's your 14 run at the track?
post #34 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 08:24 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

all the inconsistency that you see, depends on the tune...

15rr, do not like all exhausts... they are picky on that and the tune, especially with short ones.

gen5 are picky about the tune, they are not plug and play like gen4, they need some ignition, ETV massages....
post #35 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 11:22 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkins View Post
not sure which shootout you are talking about.
The one I posted on the very first page of this thread ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
All in STD Correction Factor
2016 CBR1000RR - 158.83 HP / 78.78 TQ
2015 GSXR 1000 - 171.51 HP / 79.17 TQ
2016 R1 - 183.87 HP / 79.40 TQ
2015 S1000RR - 192.82 HP / 82.75 TQ
2016 ZX-10R - 195.14 HP / 83.48 TQ

Supposedly there is an issue with the Guhl flash that is currently in the ZX-10R. Quoting 650ib:
Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	396025

Then someone responds to my comment that the tune that was flashed is just that far off:
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	396033

Quote:
I do see on your dyno sheet it is in sae and there dyno is set on std. some say there is a difference? Seems like every other dyno results i could find was for a gen 5 and was for a stock machine at only got like 174-175hp as the results.

I did see on one of your post about saying you wanted comparing your 16 gen 5 with ur 2011gen4 but could not find anything on that.

btw i like your guys/woolich facebook.. just found it.. lot's of good stuff on there. Saw the video with the new rr.. would like to see a dyno shootout vs reg gen5. Are the numbers the same for a gen5 stock vs rr stock?
Yes, there is a difference. SAE always reads lower. STD is commonly used because it give a higher number while SAE is commonly referred to the "real world" correction factor. If I change my CF (correction factor) to STD, the power on that dyno you posted run would go from 192.83 HP / 83.47 TQ on SAE to 196.67 HP / 85.13 TQ on STD. Not too bad for no fuel tuning haha.

I haven't compared the 4th and 5th gen yet. That will be done this spring. I am going to tune both bikes cylinder by cylinder to get the most out of them and then show results.

The ZX-10RR is putting out about 7 more HP than the regular version, stock to stock.
belkins likes this.

ME Motorsports, Inc. Exclusive North American Distributor of Woolich Racing products. Official MotoGyro Vision , Zeitronix, Brock's Performance, Core Moto and MWR filtration products vendor.
For a special ZX-10R.net discount on Woolich Racing products, please private message me!

|| Facebook || Website || 701.212.1130 || NorthAmerica@WoolichRacing.com ||
post #36 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
The one I posted on the very first page of this thread ;)

All in STD Correction Factor
2016 CBR1000RR - 158.83 HP / 78.78 TQ
2015 GSXR 1000 - 171.51 HP / 79.17 TQ
2016 R1 - 183.87 HP / 79.40 TQ
2015 S1000RR - 192.82 HP / 82.75 TQ
2016 ZX-10R - 195.14 HP / 83.48 TQ

Supposedly there is an issue with the Guhl flash that is currently in the ZX-10R. Quoting 650ib:

Then someone responds to my comment that the tune that was flashed is just that far off:

Yes, there is a difference. SAE always reads lower. STD is commonly used because it give a higher number while SAE is commonly referred to the "real world" correction factor. If I change my CF (correction factor) to STD, the power on that dyno you posted run would go from 192.83 HP / 83.47 TQ on SAE to 196.67 HP / 85.13 TQ on STD. Not too bad for no fuel tuning haha.

I haven't compared the 4th and 5th gen yet. That will be done this spring. I am going to tune both bikes cylinder by cylinder to get the most out of them and then show results.

The ZX-10RR is putting out about 7 more HP than the regular version, stock to stock.

Good info! Thank you! Sorry missed that first post of your shootout for some reason... Good to know the gen 5 is up there with the bmw. Very nice numbers on that gen 5.

Are the tunes files you are using on the woolich mapshare for the gen4 and 5? ... or going to be after you get the most out of them?

I am a newbie with this tuning stuff so learning all i can.. and i know you know your stuff very well..

I have woolich auto tune and been messing with it abit lately.. started with a stock unrestricted map on mapshare and have logged a good amount of log files.. done about 10 flashes so far with the autotune log files and bike seems to running good and strong and would like to dyno it soon to see where i am at. Do you know of any local tuners/dynos in oklahoma that support woolich.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #37 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 01:27 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Are the tunes files you are using on the woolich mapshare for the gen4 and 5? ... or going to be after you get the most out of them?
Most likely not. Those tunes will be made specifically for my bikes and each individual cylinder will be mapped independently. I have seen bikes with the exact same mods be more than 20% off from one another in terms of fueling. So depending on the running state of your motor, you may have a cylinder that runs more rich or more lean than one of mine so the fueling will be all over the place and more than likely not suitable for your bike/mods.

It's essentially four complete tunes I have to do for one individual bike as I am tuning each individual cylinder. So 8 tuning sessions across both my 4th and 5th gens equates to a lot of hours on the dyno.
belkins likes this.

ME Motorsports, Inc. Exclusive North American Distributor of Woolich Racing products. Official MotoGyro Vision , Zeitronix, Brock's Performance, Core Moto and MWR filtration products vendor.
For a special ZX-10R.net discount on Woolich Racing products, please private message me!

|| Facebook || Website || 701.212.1130 || NorthAmerica@WoolichRacing.com ||
post #38 of 39 Old 04-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
One bike is made to go around a race track a fast as possible the other in a straight line fast as possible. The bikes are not designed for the comparison you guys are making. Also, bloo you made me laugh because you sounded like a fast and the furious character (i never loose on the street, cuz my bike is sweet).
The ZX14R is a all purpose bike but don't you believe what you read it can turn too, it's fast in a strait line and can take you or your significant other on long trips....It Does it all but but bottom line most don't spend all their time on the Track like you tried to suggest they are just Internet junkies posting how great a bike will be on the track without ever going to the track......but if you want to see how a ZX14R compared to the fastest litter bikes on the track check out this review:

Willow Springs Raceway, “The Fastest Road In The West,” was a perfect testing ground to see how close I could get the bike to the electronically limited 186 mph top speed. It was also a chance to see how the 14R stacked up against Yamaha YZF-R1s and Ducati Panigales purpose-built for the track. I was able to reach an indicated 175 mph on the straight before reaching my braking marker, without even hitting the rev limiter in fifth gear. My friends on the popular race-replica liter bikes could only hit 160 mph before they ran out of track. The torque was the difference, and the reason I was able to drive past them, despite the weight difference.

The combination of street tires and the weight of the bike prevented the 14R from matching the triple-digit corner speeds of the race-inspired sport bikes on the abrasive track, however. The 14R isn’t anywhere near being the best choice as a pure track weapon for a roadrace course. It's no accident that when Kawasaki shows photos of this bike on a track, it's a drag strip. But the ZX-14R can handle the job if you want to take it to the road course and feel the pull of that powerful motor for more than a quarter of a mile at a time.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 04-03-2017 at 11:44 PM.
post #39 of 39 Old 04-04-2017, 02:09 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
What's your 14 run at the track?
I ran 9.94S stock wheel 54" base with only 150hp, SLIP ON NO POWER COMMANDER OR QUICK SHIFTER Monster weighing over 200lbs suited on what most on this site call a SLOW BIKE THESE DAYS 1st GEN ZX10R......does it really matter?...anyone that can control that short wheel base is going to be much faster on a much longer bike even if 200hp +. because I mastered Clutch Control.

Here is a vid with a power commander and long pipe but I did much faster stock as much as 148mph from the show room floor with only a slip-on.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.