• 1 Post By or10r
  • 1 Post By JayBoCC2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-19-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
End of the 2017 Race Season (Crash)

Welp, after a great start to the race season (back to back wins) and a 2nd at a new-to-me track. This third race ended on the first lap.

All weekend the rider I was trying to make an inside pass on where I went over the bars was taking a wide line into T4. I made several passes on riders there in the race before and fully expected this to be no different. But when he closed the door on me and went to the brakes about 60ft before I typically do, I had no were to go and learned my lesson about rushing to make up for a bad start.

This crash ended my race season with two broken vertebrae, cracked rib and fractured hip. The riders behind me thought for sure it was a red flag race and sat up with their hands, they said. But because I never lost consciousness and was able to walk out of the crash zone they let em ride.

I learned later after the crash that the rider I almost hit - had no idea I was there, and he said I was right in that he normally takes a wide entry, but the night before this race was talking with his friend who convinced him to change his line and take the paint.

The good in this is I'll be back next year with a new bike and I'm selling the good bits from this crash which I'll post up on the forum later. The motor and cooling system were surprisingly still fully intact and no leaks. The bike even still ran after the crash with no codes on the dash. The crash did however sheer the forks off at the caliper, crazy that the springs flew out mid-air on the second rotation.

Gallery of Pics

2013 10R - ABS
RedSpade Racing
WERA 404 Novice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hate to see anyone crash. I really hate to hear that there are injuries as bad as yours involved. I'm really glad to hear your going to be okay, that your attitude is good and your ready to get back to it. I hope you heal up fast and as pain free as possible.
MrSpade likes this.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ow, you rebuilding the gen4 or stepping up to a gen5 as well? I know someone that's selling a perfect condition gen4 frame and k-tech suspension
post #4 of 6 Old 06-20-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Ow, you rebuilding the gen4 or stepping up to a gen5 as well? I know someone that's selling a perfect condition gen4 frame and k-tech suspension
Thinking of going Gen 5 - After riding one in stock form at Laguna last year, I immediately felt right at home and it had a little better turn in feel I was looking for over my Gen 4.

2013 10R - ABS
RedSpade Racing
WERA 404 Novice
post #5 of 6 Old 06-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Glad you're in good spirits and plan to get back on the steed.

But man that made me wince a few times.
MrSpade likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Didn't realise you were on here, I follow you on Instagram. Sorry to hear about the crash mate, that looked like a rough tumble.
I had a posterior dislocation of my right hip which while tumbling got slammed back into place which ended up fracturing my pelvis. All I can say from my experience is DO THE REHAB. I had some bad experiences with the people doing mine, and so I told em to bugger off and said I'll be fine. 3 years later I still have mobility issues and pain.

Which vertebrae did you break? Do you expect full recovery?

2016 - ZX-10R KRT Winter Edition
https://www.instagram.com/superbike.turtle/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.