Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New Velocity Stacks Developed for the Gen 4 10r - Motomaxx

65K views 500 replies 41 participants last post by  Somefun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone,

So I wanted to share this new product with you. A company by the name of Motomaxx that specializes in building race bike engines in Europe also has their own line of carbon fibre velocity stacks. So far the results look good, and I ended up purchasing one for my own testing which will be done probably in April when the snow clears here.

Now I was given the option to get a group buy together, but since I live in Canada our dollar is not doing so good compared to the U.S dollar lol. So if I was to buy them at his price, it would still end up costing you more than if someone was to do it in the U.S. I have already seen a couple guys selling them only to make a small profit, so with that being said I want to release the group buy price in hopes that you guys could figure something out so everyone saves, instead of dealing with someone else that wants to make money.

Group buy rates:

1pcs for 300 Eur shipped
2-5pcs.---250Eur
5-10pcs---225Eur
10 and more for 200Eur

So if you even get 2 people together, you will save 50 euros. Here are the pics along with his dyno sheet. This is with no tuning, and was tested within 20 min of each other.

ZX10RArcher (Group Buy Sponsor for this) said:
See post #86 for updates

Enough contemplation and such, lets get this done. Boosted sent me the dimensions for the boxes and I'm guessing they'll weigh in at less than 3 pounds. That is what I will quote shipping for. If it's more I'll cover, if it's less I'll refund the difference. Better to over-estimate.

We will need to cut off and confirm this list by tomorrow (Wednesday, 25FEB15 at 1800 CST). No other orders at that point.

I need everyone on the list to:
1) confirm they're in
2) what their shipping ZIP code is
3) whether they plan as sending as a gift or want me to include the fees in their itemized totals
(C3lica, I need you to get this for the three guys on Facebook)

I will then do the math and post up individual totals for everyone that will cover everything and get them delivered to your door. That will include cost of the stack, PayPal fees and individual shipping. Dudewhrsmybike I'll cover part of your fees for now then we can settle up after your vacation.

All PayPal transactions need to be done by Thursday, 26FEB15 at 2200 CST. The order for the stacks will be going in and paid for Friday, 27FEB15.
After the transaction has been made to Boris I will post a copy of it here in the thread for traceability and accounting purposes.

=================FINAL LISTING========================
1. C3L1CA - IN - 55128 - GIFT
// TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

2. bun1t - IN - 77099 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

3. ZX10RArcher - IN
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

4. LDH - IN - 93955 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

5. 880turbo - IN - 37066 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

6. Skydork - IN - 33544 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

7. Dricked - IN - L1J 6C1 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

8. Abo7maid - IN - 94558 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

9. Crazi - IN - 22193 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

10. dudewhrsmybike - IN - 77099 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

11. C3lica's Facebook Friend #1 (Andy) - IN - 55120 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

12. C3lica's Facebook Friend #2 (Travis) - IN - 27604 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

13. mpp12 - IN - 33126 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

14. JOE.ZX10R2012 - IN - 33141 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

15. fastfreddy2k - IN - 20705 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

16. gwnsx - IN - 67226 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

17. BOOSTED's FRIEND #1 - IN - 35803 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED

18. BOOSTED's FRIEND #2 - IN - 29316 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT

19. Turbodc2 - IN - 43224 - GIFT
//TOTAL SENT
// PAYMENT RECEIVED
===============25FEB15 @ 1949HRS CST================

See less See more
#22 ·
That I don't know of yet.

I'd be for sure in at the 10+ price.

Not to get too off topic, but has there been any other companies that make aftermarket velocity stacks for the gen 4?
Yes there is a couple other companies, but as you have seen, the others are ridiculously expensive, and results are not as good as these......at least from the companies testing perspective.

Interesting. Will keep watching this as it progresses.
Is the high cost mainly becuase they are carbon firbe?
Are there any non-carbon firbe and less expensive alternatives out there?
They are actually priced quite well, especially once you get more people involved. The other manufactures charge 500+ euros and 700+ euros lol

Well since Boosted is in Canada and uses that funny money, we'll probably have to put in a request in from the US side of things. I don't mind initiating this and getting it started, I just want to make sure that everything is accounted for; PayPal fees and then shipping from here to you guys. If everyone is cool with that, when we get enough people in then I can put an order in for everyone, have them shipped here and then shipped to everyone else.
That funny money indeed lol, which is why I just ordered it on my own. I have already received mine. Needed to get them before our dollar fell any further. Just waiting to do the testing with them come spring. Up to you guys if you want to wait, I will 100% post up the results.

Any insight on the expected gains? I know there's no exact, but roughly. For what I do, it wouldn't really be worth it for a very small gain, seeing as I'd have to spend the extra to get retuned. But if I do, I'll be gutting the ram air tube as well. Any thoughts or guesses? Are we talking 3-4 ponies or 7-10 additional?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I will be doing the testing on these hopefully by the end of March, but most likely in April given the shit ass winter we are having right now.

#10 · (Edited)
A few... I can think of two off the top of my head; Venturi Systems with their dual configuration that lets you choose from one of two designs to change your power curve to your liking. This was the one I was going to purchase and do before and afters on. There was another company that made them, but instead of individual stacks, there was a flat plate.

:::EDIT:::
Here are the other set I found:
http://www.diasec.co.uk/2011-2014-kawasaki-zx10-r-velocity-stack-plate-590-p.asp

#8 ·
Interesting. Will keep watching this as it progresses.
Is the high cost mainly becuase they are carbon firbe?
Are there any non-carbon firbe and less expensive alternatives out there?

#14 · (Edited)
Well fack this seems like a hell of a deal compared to the other options if we can get some serious people in. I'm in the same boat as others and don't really need them, but wouldn't mind picking up a few hp for a good deal :thumbsup:

We can start a list and say at what price point you'd be in. Is BOOSTED going to start it or Archer or?

1. C3L1CA - In at 10+ price point

#16 ·
Well since Boosted is in Canada and uses that funny money, we'll probably have to put in a request in from the US side of things. I don't mind initiating this and getting it started, I just want to make sure that everything is accounted for; PayPal fees and then shipping from here to you guys. If everyone is cool with that, when we get enough people in then I can put an order in for everyone, have them shipped here and then shipped to everyone else.

#19 · (Edited)
3. ZX10RArcher - In regardless
4. LDH - In at?
5. 880turbo - In at 10+
6. Skydork - In at 10+
7. Dricked - In at 10+
8. Abo7maid - In at 10+
9. Crazi - In at 10+
10. brimal_rage - In at 10+
11. dudewhrsmybike
12. Mantis_Tech
13. C3lica's Facebook Friend #1 - In at 10+
14. C3lica's Facebook Friend #2 - In at 10+
15. Turbodc2 - In at 10+

#24 ·
Sorry, not on Facebook anymore so I can't post in the 10R groups I used to be in. But if the guys you mentioned get in on it, we'd have our 10+ peeps. I say run the group buy until next Friday/Saturday to get more people involved if they wanted after word spreads around of a group buy on these things.

#26 ·
Looks like we got 10+ people already :) If you count the couple others from facebook.

#27 ·
I'm in at 10. Guess I'll take the gamble. Hit me up when it's time to buy.

#30 ·
Almost 228 bucks.

#32 ·
added to the list, thanks

#33 ·
Count me in for this as well. Hell, at this rate would they offer a 20+ discount? :)

Anyways, I suppose I should finally gut my ram air while I'm at it.

What kind of changes would need to be made for tuning to optimize these stacks? Would be cool for someone to generate a good autotune map for this and post to WRT mapshare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.