Gen 4: 2011-2015 New Velocity Stacks Developed for the Gen 4 10r - Motomaxx - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 01:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showpost.php...0&postcount=20

Damn, after seeing that thread, now I'm tempted to wrap my airbox like Archer did...
Hahaha... she's a beauty right? ;)

If you do, I know a person who can hook you up on the foil to do so. *Cough* Mike from Rider's Discount *cough*

You'll need three rolls to properly do the entire airbox and line the bottom of the gas tank. You'll have some left over so I used it to line the heat shield for my K&N intake in my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I would hold off on gutting the intake until I can get back to it this spring.

There was a lot of back and forth on how to properly adjust for the changes made. I got it nailed down in the end but didn't get to fully get it dialed in after finding out I was going about adding fuel the wrong way.

You need to use a Woolich setup to properly adjust for the changes in the intake; a Bazzaz or PCV autotune system will not properly adjust for it.

Well there's a good answer for me. I'm thinking now that it might be best for me to just let her be for now. I only ride street, I don't race or track. She runs perfect as she is now. Seems as if the only way to push ahead now would require a decent bit of overhauling. Getting away from the tune I have now, and throwing in new software and auto tune.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #43 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 01:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I got measurements today from BOOSTED to see what kind of packaging I'll have to use to ship these out to everyone individually. I'll look into different shipping options today.

Also, I will email Boris to see if we can't get another slight discount at 20+ units. So... tell your friends ;)

I updated the list here New Velocity Stacks Developed for the Gen 4 10r - Motomaxx so please double check to make sure everything looks okay.

post #44 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 01:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Yeah, anybody on this list have woolich autotune and be willing to share?
I do... but with the gutted intake on one bike and the MWR XXL intake on the other, my setup won't be the same as everyone elses.
post #45 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Added to list. Great to see the community getting together for this group buy............and no middle man making the profit off it lol.

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #46 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 04:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Archer the bazzaz will record a lean situation at best... Since the map sensor will record a ram air situation and thw ecu compensate for it.... That is my theory... Since taking out the ram air damper out realy just makes the bike go positive or boosted sooner and the ecu compensates for that
post #47 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I do... but with the gutted intake on one bike and the MWR XXL intake on the other, my setup won't be the same as everyone elses.
I'm not against gutting my intake as long as I have a tune for it. I'm gonna have to do something to stay with the new BMW's
post #48 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 07:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
Archer the bazzaz will record a lean situation at best... Since the map sensor will record a ram air situation and thw ecu compensate for it.... That is my theory... Since taking out the ram air damper out realy just makes the bike go positive or boosted sooner and the ecu compensates for that
It's all in the compensation mapping within the ECU more than anything. The ECU automatically richens/leans the mixture based on various scenarios the bike is in; ambient pressure, ambient temp, speed, gear, etc. Since the constraints the ECU is developed with (ram air intake at X liters per minute airflow) are now out of tolerance since the intake is larger or gutted meaning more airflow at conditions Y, the algorithms used for compensation mapping are now off and null and void.

If you try to compensate solely based on AFR like I did with autotune, you'll constantly have to add fuel, add fuel, add fuel and more fuel with little to no change until you max out the injectors. And then you will subsequently replace the fuel pump with a higher flow unit (I used a Walbro 255LPH). All with the same end result; continually running lean with no improvement ever made.

You need to adjust the compensation within the ECU itself before tuning based on AT data will become worthwhile and sufficient. Thats why I say hold off for most people on fitting the MWR XXL intake or gutting the stock version so I can get a safe, baseline adjustment to give everyone who wants to go that route. I didn't come to that realization until too late in the season and couldn't experiment further. I will update that thread with more findings this spring.
post #49 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Archer the airbox will flow x amount if you gut the intake it will just crate positive pressure faster and maybe more. But the airbox will not magicaly grow and flow more. It will just have more pressure.
post #50 of 501 Old 02-21-2015, 08:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Agreed... ultimately, the total air intake is decided by the intake valve size. So if you have oversized valves, as one of my motors does, your values and experiences may vary.

But, gutted intake, stock intake or MWR XXL intake, the characteristics as to how much and to what degree the airbox will pressurize, changes. Those changes throw of the "set values" the ECU is programmed with that automatically compensate with fuel as the bike is designed with those "set values" in mind. So when you change how fast or the amount of pressure the airbox sees, those set values the compensation maps are designed off of are no longer valid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.