Gen 5: 2016 -> ZX10RR 2017 is it possible to keep the abs on a tracbike? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tdh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to halfswede
ZX10RR 2017 is it possible to keep the abs on a trackbike?

We are 4 friends and we all bought zx10RR 2017
All my friends throw out the abs, but i plan to give the abs a chans on track. I hope that the abs is sofisticated as a 2017 modern superbike should be and hope the abs is not activeting to early.
Do you think it is impossible to take short breakdistance with abs? The zx10RR is build almost as a racebike, if this is a race adapted intelligent abs, why not keep it?
We are testing in Jerez 6-9 february so i will see, but lets hear your opinion.

Last edited by halfswede; 01-21-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-21-2018, 07:01 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought the dongle and disabled the rear only on my 2016 KRT. The front ABS was never an issue for me. It will let you bring the rear off the ground and the ABS doesn't kick in. The only time I find it ever kicks in is if the front wheel actually locks and slides and that never happens for me on the track. I have had it kick in on the street if aggressively braking coming to a stop sign and have the front wheel lock.
halfswede likes this.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to halfswede
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I bought the dongle and disabled the rear only on my 2016 KRT. The front ABS was never an issue for me. It will let you bring the rear off the ground and the ABS doesn't kick in. The only time I find it ever kicks in is if the front wheel actually locks and slides and that never happens for me on the track. I have had it kick in on the street if aggressively braking coming to a stop sign and have the front wheel lock.
good news
but i donīt have some dongle for disable the rear .... i try not use much the rearbreak

post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2018, 08:53 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfswede View Post
good news
but i donīt have some dongle for disable the rear .... i try not use much the rearbreak
The dongle also lets you disable the front brake (although you would have to do it every time you start the bike). I also am not sure if it changes the behavior of the front brake. Maybe with the dongle it allows you to be more aggressive on the brake before it kicks in, I'm just not sure. I know on my new Super Duke the dongle gives me another mode (called SMOTO) that allows me to bring the rear off the ground where the standard street mode doesn't. I didn't ride the bike much before buying the dongle from the race kit (it's only about 20 bucks). Regarding disabling the rear. The rear obviously comes into play if you ever get out into the grass. I got knocked off the track when testing my bike out right after I bought it and the ABS prevented me from using the rear as much as I would liked to have. I didn't have the dongle at that time yet. I ended up going directly into the tire wall at about 65mph and I believe I would have been able ot get the bike slowed down a lot more if the rear ABS had been disabled.

Last edited by tdh; 01-22-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.