Gen 1: 2004-2005 ZX10 ignition issues- won't start! - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 Old 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Have you checked the blue plug in the wiring loom under riders seat area? It was the cause of mine and a few other peoples problems.
You have to unwrap the loom to get to it.
Its a design fault that kawasaki technical told me to inspect as its a common fault for corrosion.
Just bypass the plug and all was good for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 04-22-2018, 05:06 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

This plug
gaz likes this.
post #33 of 35 Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yes I checked that one and another yellow junction just like that one and both looked like new actually so not 100% but doubtful that's it... I have found a couple single connectors that were melted but was still connected together just melted and I redid those but nothing changed which didn't surprise me.,. Wish I had a known good ecu I could try to see if that was it or a test to see if it's that or whatever is keeping power from fuel pump and ecu or what but it won't even start when I jump fuel pump , turns over just like always lights are on , no Fi light on (except when cranking,it flashes) and no movement from butterfly's and I'm betting no spark.. it's gotta be something not getting power or lost ground but what all switches or sensors are ladder logic 'd before the ecu tells fuel and spark ok?? But let's you turn over engine... Please help
, thanks for reading
jerad

post #34 of 35 Old 04-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ok well I've been going thru everything and the only thing I've found wrong is my clutch switch isn't working, unplugged connector and hooked meter to switch and it doesn't change states, and it's supposed to be a normally open switch so I don't see how that would affect anything but I could be wrong.. does anybody know if the ecu looks at this switch even tho it's normally open?? Besides that all has checked out good.. I'm really stumped and could use some ideas so please don't hesitate... Thanks to all
Jerad
post #35 of 35 Old 05-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

FIXED!!! Thankfully I figured it out and it was the ecu !! Bought one on eBay because I couldn't find anything else wrong so figured it had to be ecu , put it in and everything came on like it should ... Just wanted to let y'all know... And thanks for all the help and advice... Truly do appreciate it!!!
ukzx10r likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in