Gen 4: 2011-2015 Woolich Racing Ecu Kit - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 49 Old 11-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm going to put this in here since its already brought up and I know im gonna take flack for it but oh well. If you are that worried about warranty, leave it the hell alone. "oh I can just put it back to stock to get warranty" not only is that un-ethical and is the reason why dealerships always try to scam out of warranty work, it doesn't solve the problem in the first place. Dude in my evo group had a shitty tune loaded onto his evo. Blew the engine, put the car back to stock, got the engine replaced under warranty and then put the same parts and same tune on his car again...guess what happened again. Blew the second motor and dealership refused the warranty and he bitch and moaned about it...for what? why the fuck should they replace what you fucked up? Not to mention you have no idea what caused the issue. If you want the problem solved, you need to go in there as is. What if something got damaged, you go back to stock and bring it in? They wont have a fucking clue what caused it and will probably deny the warranty. If you can afford to buy a ZX10R and mod it, you can afford to replace the engine IF it blows. But hey, that's just my opinion.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 Old 11-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for that information . That's important to know .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #23 of 49 Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

No flack from me dude. Iam just trying to be ready incase something goes wrong. Good information always helps the next guy. I didn't know you could send the ecu back and have it flashed back to stock. You shouldn't guess that if a guy has the money to ride a new zx10r he has the money to replace a motor cause I definitely dont. I bought this bike cause I wanted the best and they robbed my last one. Iam just trying to learn from people who have more experience then me and make as few mistakes as possible . Like I said before it's not flack just some information for you so you can understand why someone like me who has less experience ask these silly question lol

post #24 of 49 Old 11-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboymacho View Post
No flack from me dude. Iam just trying to be ready incase something goes wrong. Good information always helps the next guy. I didn't know you could send the ecu back and have it flashed back to stock. You shouldn't guess that if a guy has the money to ride a new zx10r he has the money to replace a motor cause I definitely dont. I bought this bike cause I wanted the best and they robbed my last one. Iam just trying to learn from people who have more experience then me and make as few mistakes as possible . Like I said before it's not flack just some information for you so you can understand why someone like me who has less experience ask these silly question lol

When i say "if you can afford a zx10r you can afford a new motor". It also means if you cant afford a new motor, dont fuck with it. I'm telling you from expeirence. My evo sat as a paper weight for 2 1/2 years because i couldnt afford a new motor for it. That eving said, used motors for these bikes are cheap. And most companies are pretty good with the tuning so you shouldnt have an issue. I k ow that feeling of not being able to leave it alone. I said "oh my 2015 zx10r has plenty if power, I dont need to mod it". Within 2 months i had a k&n filter and -1/+2 gearing lol

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #25 of 49 Old 11-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
When i say "if you can afford a zx10r you can afford a new motor". It also means if you cant afford a new motor, dont fuck with it. I'm telling you from expeirence. My evo sat as a paper weight for 2 1/2 years because i couldnt afford a new motor for it. That eving said, used motors for these bikes are cheap. And most companies are pretty good with the tuning so you shouldnt have an issue. I k ow that feeling of not being able to leave it alone. I said "oh my 2015 zx10r has plenty if power, I dont need to mod it". Within 2 months i had a k&n filter and -1/+2 gearing lol
Lol hey let me ask you something with that -1 +2 on the sprockets did you feel you lost at top highway speed. I know for sure you were quick at the gate but I have heard you lose at the top end.

post #26 of 49 Old 11-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Lol hey let me ask you something with that -1 +2 on the sprockets did you feel you lost at top highway speed. I know for sure you were quick at the gate but I have heard you lose at the top end.

I run -1 _ +1 sprockets on my bike, you might and will lose around 8-10mph top speed, oh well your bike will still be faster than you SHOULD ever need to go on the HIGHWAY.

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #27 of 49 Old 11-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Well you might be surprised about how far I push my bike. I work nights on the weekend so about 4am nobody's really out. I had my 2013 zx10r to 160mph on the highway .

post #28 of 49 Old 11-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

Bike topped out at 299kmh due to the governer on stock gearing. Now tops out at 287kmh. So not much of a drop for top speed. Realistically how often am i gonna go that fast. It put my rpms and shift points where i like it for the streets.

My advice if you want the bike to be faster. Go with -1/+2 gearing and the motionpro rev2 throttle kit. 2 mods that will make you faster but wont effect the engine at all.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #29 of 49 Old 11-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

That 186mph not bad at all . On which of your bikes did you have this set up????

post #30 of 49 Old 11-30-2016, 01:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I do according to GPS and woolich data 305-310 km/h....

rev limiter set at 14000 rpm with 16-39
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.