Gen 5: 2016 -> Woolich ECU flash - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to halfswede
On the Woolich site they writing: please see our listings for ODB2 Diagnostic Scanners that we have tested and work for this application.

But i didnīt find anyvere this list over tested scanners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up Woolich ECU Flash ZX10r 2016

Get the flash done by a DYNO technician i have 191RW/BHP and it is a very smooth power delivery.
this was done by J.H.S racing in the UK they have a team at the TT racing 650 twins.
the auto blipper takes some getting used to but is very smooth at revs.
I cannot believe the amount of restrictions on the standard E.C.U of the 2016 winter test model.The AF ratio is all over the place you cannot even pull away from the lights without the thing bogging out. you get about 40% throttle every time you give it a hand full it is terrible.

The Woolich ecu flash is a must for me You notice the change it instantly.

you will feel like a SITH LORD with UNLIMITED POWERRR !!!!!!

you will enjoy your zx10r much more with the flash.
halfswede likes this.
post #23 of 34 Old 01-15-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to halfswede
Is it possible to take out the whole ABS unit after an ECU flash? Or is it only possible with KIT ECU?

post #24 of 34 Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfswede View Post
Is it possible to take out the whole ABS unit after an ECU flash? Or is it only possible with KIT ECU?

No, woolich cant get rid of it. To delete abs you need to remove the lines, run dedicated lines and leave the unit plugged in otherwse it goes into limp mode. I deleted mine, restalled to sell my bike.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #25 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If I was you I would find a tuner that uses Ftecu software. I like the Ftecu products. They are easy to understand and it has a self tuning feature called Active tune. No need for ad on log boxes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #26 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
If I was you I would find a tuner that uses Ftecu software. I like the Ftecu products. They are easy to understand and it has a self tuning feature called Active tune. No need for ad on log boxes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Meh. When I've looked into FTECU it doesn't offer the same features as Woolich. There's no need for add-on boxes with Woolich either, unless you actually want to LOG DATA! It's not needed for tuning but is identical to the same "Active Tune" that FTECU has. It's still a piggyback add-on that interfaces to the wideband O2 sensor. The features and options within the Woolich product surpass what FTECU offers.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #27 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Meh. When I've looked into FTECU it doesn't offer the same features as Woolich. There's no need for add-on boxes with Woolich either, unless you actually want to LOG DATA! It's not needed for tuning but is identical to the same "Active Tune" that FTECU has. It's still a piggyback add-on that interfaces to the wideband O2 sensor. The features and options within the Woolich product surpass what FTECU offers.
I had this discussion with bbsteinnewyork before, he is talking about live tuning that FTECU offering. live tunning is done in cars these days from manufacture, OBDII is way more complicated than what FTECU has done. you have upstream downstream, fuel trim and lot more calculation to achieve the fuel ratio they set at and it just comes close
FTECU claims that they archives that just by one lambda sensor. which is not even close to what it should be.it have a delay in that sensor and even the processor not up to the speed to do that.

most modern aftermarket tuning kits have a log box just like woolich. Although on cars these days, they set target A/f in OBDII from 14.7:1 to desire A/F and let OBDII do the rest.
post #28 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 12:31 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffeee View Post
I had this discussion with bbsteinnewyork before, he is talking about live tuning that FTECU offering. live tunning is done in cars these days from manufacture, OBDII is way more complicated than what FTECU has done. you have upstream downstream, fuel trim and lot more calculation to achieve the fuel ratio they set at and it just comes close
FTECU claims that they archives that just by one lambda sensor. which is not even close to what it should be.it have a delay in that sensor and even the processor not up to the speed to do that.

most modern aftermarket tuning kits have a log box just like woolich. Although on cars these days, they set target A/f in OBDII from 14.7:1 to desire A/F and let OBDII do the rest.
OBDII is just a communication protocol. It is complicated, but is nothing more than a definition of how to transmit data. OBDII doesn't do anything by itself. It's not a program. It's just a way to send and receive data and messages.

FTECU and Woolich can snoop the data off the bus and read/display the data in real-time. Woolich can "live tune" also. That's not something exclusive to FTECU or anything. The WR lox box is used to store data files of the data for review later or for the auto tune feature to tune while you ride. But you can hook up a computer to the ECU, launch the Woolich app, and see the data to be able to tune the fuel trims, ignition timing, and any of the available options then and there. If you have a dyno to do such a thing! Otherwise, you set the auto tune up with a target A/R, go ride for awhile, and the Woolich (or FTECU) maps are updated and flashed into the ECU to get you to that point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Woolich Live.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	412970  

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #29 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
OBDII is just a communication protocol. It is complicated, but is nothing more than a definition of how to transmit data. OBDII doesn't do anything by itself. It's not a program. It's just a way to send and receive data and messages.

FTECU and Woolich can snoop the data off the bus and read/display the data in real-time. Woolich can "live tune" also. That's not something exclusive to FTECU or anything. The WR lox box is used to store data files of the data for review later or for the auto tune feature to tune while you ride. But you can hook up a computer to the ECU, launch the Woolich app, and see the data to be able to tune the fuel trims, ignition timing, and any of the available options then and there. If you have a dyno to do such a thing! Otherwise, you set the auto tune up with a target A/R, go ride for awhile, and the Woolich (or FTECU) maps are updated and flashed into the ECU to get you to that point.
Thanks i know OBDII is a protocol but everyone calls it by that. I have no idea woolich can do the live tune, or that's what you call it when it logs the A/F, live tune to me is when the A/F changes while you riding that means change the A/F in the map. As far as I know with woolich you have to apply those changes to the map and that is not live tuning.
post #30 of 34 Old 03-02-2018, 07:26 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I think what Sky is referring to is the new Auto Tune Live where it feeds in the AFR data into the fuel cells live while on the dyno "live" similar to Tuning Link. Then there is just one update to do with the ECU.

Additionally there is Data Viewer Live

Also, FYI 10R updates are coming SOON. They were being worked on last week before the guys to head out to PI for WSBK/ASBK for track support. This week it's been busy adding new ECUs to the software that needed to get in that were sent in over the weekend. Almost caught up now, so updates should be worked on here again to be released shortly!
SkyDork likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in