Gen 5: 2016 -> What's best to upgrade first? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 Old 02-08-2018, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
More than likely I'll be below the 11k rpm range most days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 02-08-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Top end, peak power is going to be within 1HP of each other - so negligible.
Here is a gif cycling the differences between the full system and their slip on with their link pipe.
Attachment 411986

Question you need to ask yourself is how long will you and the bike spend time at that max power RPM right after 13000 RPM? Are you and the bike going to spend more time there... or are you going to spend more time below say 10000-11000 RPMs?
More than likely, I'll be around or below the 11k rpm range most days.
post #23 of 24 Old 02-08-2018, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Top end, peak power is going to be within 1HP of each other - so negligible.
Here is a gif cycling the differences between the full system and their slip on with their link pipe.
Attachment 411986

Question you need to ask yourself is how long will you and the bike spend time at that max power RPM right after 13000 RPM? Are you and the bike going to spend more time there... or are you going to spend more time below say 10000-11000 RPMs?
The looks of this, it looks like the link with slip on is pretty competitive to the full. Am I reading it wrong?

post #24 of 24 Old 02-08-2018, 11:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcretions View Post
The looks of this, it looks like the link with slip on is pretty competitive to the full. Am I reading it wrong?
Its a really tough call if you just look at them overlayed like that; was meant as a quick comparison only. You really have to overlay them in photoshop. First you line up the stock HP runs, ignoring the torque curve; you can then see the differences where one outperforms the other in HP. You then have to do it again for TQ and line up the torque curve while ignoring the HP curve and compare them that way for torque. You can't just overlay them like I did in the animated GIF since the scaling is off between the two PDFs of their charts.

I'm not here to push you one way or the other, ultimately it is your money. But for me it was well worth it especially since I haven't had to mask the low end weakness by regearing my 5th gen (still 17/39). I can pretty much gas it in 6th gear cruising around town and have no bog or have to downshift to get into the power. All the claims Akra has made about their gains were there and then some and I backed it up in my own dyno testing as shown in the link posted earlier.

Again, look at data from several areas, not just mine or what I present. I had various slip ons on my 4th gen before putting a full on - no comparison whatsoever. Had I just put the full system on from the get go like I wanted I would've been way happier. On my 5th gen, I wasn't going to make the same mistake again so as soon as Mike @ Riders Discount was taking orders for the Akra Evo, I gave him my wallet and had one of the first few in the country. Don't regret it one bit either.

You can always buy the slip on and upgrade to the full later on. Or you can get the Graves slip on and then upgrade just the header later on too with their Link system or whatever they call it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.