Trading money for weight - Page 69 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #681 of 783 Old 02-18-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
And also the stock S2 concepts seat cowl weighed 630g-1.38lbs !the Carbon will easily half that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
#SRATCH2MORE!woop ass
post #683 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 06:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I suppose you got to keep lights and mirrors and stand on it for it to seem really impressive weight for a road bike but god that would eat me up know just how much them bits weigh.
Id have to tinker with them.
peterd10r likes this.

post #684 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 08:24 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
OBI 167kg!now once the carbon seat cowl and rear seat support drops in there is anything from 1kg -1.6kg again to come off!my ultimate goal is 165kg and that's the WSBK ZX10R minimum weight!mind you I have all mirrors,horn,lights all on!and money in it!I have it insured for $35000 but that wouldn't cover it!way way over $20000!I will try and get a better figure soon!
Now this is for Boxtradamas!I wouldn't like to cause any friction with our shit metric system so here goes
368.172lbs
Could loose another 2.2-3.42lbs
WSBK ZX10R minimal weight 363.763lbs
That is incredible considering the wsbk minimum weight. Very very impressed sir.
peterd10r likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #685 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
UK the mirrors are a sore point for sure!now I can replace them with Carbon fiber from magical Racing Japan $400 ish for both but here's the kicker!I don't no their weight and then I must fit front indicator light as the mirrors have no led,s in them!now the rear stand and mount bracket will probably way close to 300grams-500grams and when I'm out for a ride what's my option when I stop and talk some crap with other riders!Im sure you could make up a mount bracket and stand with your abilities!I have a solution ukzx10r!I will either send you a fully tanned Kangaroo leather full body or send you a live Joey so it cost me less in freight!they grow very quickly and kids luv them!I can also purchase a/m T6 7075 alloy rear stand and get it welded but can you make that 2xM10 mount bracket!I already have the Titanium pivot bolt!2xM10~30mm Titanium bracket mount bolts!M6 Titanium bolt and even the M3 or M2 switch housing Titanium bolts!you have 1 on your gen4 tell me a price mate if you can with a pm!Im also sure I have many spare Titanium bolts that could make this a little bit more worth thinking about
Cheers
Pete
post #686 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
UK the mirrors are a sore point for sure!now I can replace them with Carbon fiber from magical Racing Japan $400 ish for both but here's the kicker!I don't no their weight and then I must fit front indicator light as the mirrors have no led,s in them!now the rear stand and mount bracket will probably way close to 300grams-500grams and when I'm out for a ride what's my option when I stop and talk some crap with other riders!Im sure you could make up a mount bracket and stand with your abilities!I have a solution ukzx10r!I will either send you a fully tanned Kangaroo leather full body or send you a live Joey so it cost me less in freight!they grow very quickly and kids luv them!I can also purchase a/m T6 7075 alloy rear stand and get it welded but can you make that 2xM10 mount bracket!I already have the Titanium pivot bolt!2xM10~30mm Titanium bracket mount bolts!M6 Titanium bolt and even the M3 or M2 switch housing Titanium bolts!you have 1 on your gen4 tell me a price mate if you can with a pm!Im also sure I have many spare Titanium bolts that could make this a little bit more worth thinking about
Cheers
Pete
Firstly i have removed my side stand switch and fitted this ebay item:322126832045 to save weight.
Secondly im looking into a lighter stand. Some already have alloy bases.
I do have some 7075 alloy at work so can make something up if neccesary.
Just been playing alot with my r1 so havnt done much in the zx10r recently. I will look soon
peterd10r likes this.
post #687 of 783 Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
OBI 167kg!now once the carbon seat cowl and rear seat support drops in there is anything from 1kg -1.6kg again to come off!my ultimate goal is 165kg and that's the WSBK ZX10R minimum weight!mind you I have all mirrors,horn,lights all on!and money in it!I have it insured for $35000 but that wouldn't cover it!way way over $20000!I will try and get a better figure soon!
Now this is for Boxtradamas!I wouldn't like to cause any friction with our shit metric system so here goes
368.172lbs
Could loose another 2.2-3.42lbs
WSBK ZX10R minimal weight 363.763lbs
Very impressive there Peterd....

As I have said before, would love to see this bike in person...

post #688 of 783 Old 02-20-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
#scratch3more....
post #689 of 783 Old 02-20-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Removing bar end weights and replacing with cf tubes

Ok I was considering replacing my oem clip ons for a carbon fiber tube and a/m Aluminium for clamp!now my concern was ditching the Sato bar end weights and the shitty handlebar vibration!I was told that the Carbon fiber tubes would absorb the handlebar vibration!well I will let you no after a spin yesterday that the difference between the Sato ends and cf tubes is remarkable!there is basically no vibration or hum using the Carbon fiber tubes!If they were shit I would of ripped them off!yes I no it all cost money and some will say a pointless venture!but for me nothing is pointless if I drop weight and gain something along the way and its a win win!just thought I would give a little feedback
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	412586  
ukzx10r likes this.

Last edited by peterd10r; 02-20-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #690 of 783 Old 02-20-2018, 03:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats crazy Pete! In a good way i mean! Like i said when i was Mt. biking i could tell a difference going from Aluminum handlebars to CF and thats just on a Mt. bike! Good to hear!
peterd10r likes this.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in