Trading money for weight - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 521 Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga46 View Post
Those things are not accurate enough for these kind of things !!
thats why i asked... so where do you recommend i go?

(fyi i live on long island, there isnt a 'truck weigh stop' in at least an hour maybe more radius lol, thats why i thought a scrap metal place since they seem to be able to weigh individual lbs? and we have those all over the place)

GEN 4: ECUUnleashed flash, PC5, Bazzaz QS4, Akrapovic anniversary slip-on exhaust/Link pipe, Brembo M4x32 calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Speigler SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX EC shock, BMC filter, Rifleman throttle, ZeroGravity DB windscreen, Vortex rear-sets & 520sprockets-1/+2, Samco Hoses, Shorai, PP3 rubber, Carbon Fiber bodywork, Driven/Rizoma/Yosh/Pro-Bolt protection/finishing touches... & lots of love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 521 Old 03-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga46 View Post
Those things are not accurate enough for these kind of things !!
Drag strip?
post #13 of 521 Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM
back to car scene

Posting Frequency

the sad thing is, im doing the same thing to a bike thats almost 10 yrs old lol

whos the dummy here, me, you or both of us

ive chalked it up to it just being a hobby man, dont care what anyone thinks about my money spending towards my bike. wife is good with it, and its not like we are dumping the money at strip clubs or drugs. we are able to get satisfaction out of the progress we make. and it doesnt matter why we do it either

IM WIT YA PETER!!!!!

post #14 of 521 Old 03-28-2014, 03:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsoiete99 View Post
thats why i asked... so where do you recommend i go?

(fyi i live on long island, there isnt a 'truck weigh stop' in at least an hour maybe more radius lol, thats why i thought a scrap metal place since they seem to be able to weigh individual lbs? and we have those all over the place)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerpoptart View Post
Drag strip?
Do you have a raceshop (not a selling pieces shop but an actual building racebike shop) or is there any raceteam located nearby where you can pop the question ? It doesn't have to be a bike only shop, it can be a car, buggy cross race/tuner shop

My friend doe's cross with buggy's and they are also under weight restrictions :)

post #15 of 521 Old 03-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
If you have the usual Ti bolts, exhaust, rear-sets, clip-ons, battery, cf wheels, ect. Then I would remove lights, ignition, secondary flies shaft and servo, radiator fan, strip wiring harness, custom kill switch, aluminum triples, tubular sub-frame (contact yoyodyne), and custom gas tank. Should get ya were you wana be.

Bear Jew
post #16 of 521 Old 03-30-2014, 07:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

^ in regards to that, they even make carbon fiber subframe rails at carbomoto, or you can get the aluminum tubular joints that CBC-saller makes - but gas tank? Haven't seen any options for the genIV yet, except that double capped endurance tank...?

Thanks Haga yea that's a good idea I can check our local speed shop (which is mainly auto) but they've got a race team and some sick cars, plus they're pretty big so maybe they've got a good scale for me to ride onto... I'll keep ya posted, need some warm weather first

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

GEN 4: ECUUnleashed flash, PC5, Bazzaz QS4, Akrapovic anniversary slip-on exhaust/Link pipe, Brembo M4x32 calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Speigler SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX EC shock, BMC filter, Rifleman throttle, ZeroGravity DB windscreen, Vortex rear-sets & 520sprockets-1/+2, Samco Hoses, Shorai, PP3 rubber, Carbon Fiber bodywork, Driven/Rizoma/Yosh/Pro-Bolt protection/finishing touches... & lots of love
post #17 of 521 Old 03-31-2014, 04:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

all i'm sayin is, if its to do strips or road racing, measure your gas. replace your battery. ti exhaust, thin plastics, light tires, alum sprockets, thats all you need. if its just for shits n giggles, enjoy spending lots of money ti nuts n bolts lol save your few grams here and there, just dont forget to take a shit before throwing a leg over and nullifying those expensive shed ounces ;) i dont care what ya do to your bike, i was just wondering the why, cuz then we can give ya the how but if its just for funsies, then have at it! fairfax it up lololol
post #18 of 521 Old 03-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsoiete99 View Post
^ in regards to that, they even make carbon fiber subframe rails at carbomoto, or you can get the aluminum tubular joints that CBC-saller makes - but gas tank? Haven't seen any options for the genIV yet, except that double capped endurance tank...?

Thanks Haga yea that's a good idea I can check our local speed shop (which is mainly auto) but they've got a race team and some sick cars, plus they're pretty big so maybe they've got a good scale for me to ride onto... I'll keep ya posted, need some warm weather first

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Those carbon sub frames are bad ass !! http://www.yoyodyneti.com/category.aspx?categoryID=3034 these are what I use.

Bear Jew
post #19 of 521 Old 05-06-2014, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Agras support Brembo gp4rx rear

We'll I have weighed all oem brake caliper hardware,support and caliper and it is 1062grams
Agras support and Brembo caliper and all Ti hardware..1066grams
I will be changing the m/c to Brembo to suit the caliper and will give you my view on stopping power compared to oem as soon as it's all done,the under slung does make it easy to change out pads if racing and would bring down the c of g in weight but for a street rider it's nothing but bling factor full stop..........I am being honest
Now for overall weight lost on the rear wheel(unsprung)
Alloy sprocket,full ti hardware,mm disc,Ti axle nut and adjusters and Brembo set up
880 grams and the cost in Aussie $$$1520
I am being totally honest and my next comparison will be the front unsprung weight
Brembo gp4rx and full ti hardware stay tuned its a time taking job
post #20 of 521 Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Weighing your bike on scrap yard or truck stop scales wouldnt be close enuf..Most dont get calibrated often enuf and are usually off...Best place i would suggest is the dept of transport scales that commerical transport uses..Or airport,they are weight sentitive..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.