Gen 5: 2016 -> Thoughts on M4 GP Exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 02-26-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thoughts on M4 GP Exhaust

Hello!

What are your thoughts on the M4 GP Exhaust? Read online that even though it's a slip-on, it deletes that stock catalytic and comes with an O2 oxygen sensor bung. Will that get my ECU to start acting funny or idle weird? I'd hate to have to tamper with my ECU.

Thanks,
Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Hello!

What are your thoughts on the M4 GP Exhaust? Read online that even though it's a slip-on, it deletes that stock catalytic and comes with an O2 oxygen sensor bung. Will that get my ECU to start acting funny or idle weird? I'd hate to have to tamper with my ECU.

Thanks,
Sam
Good exhaust, But you will have to have the ECU flashed!!! Bike already comes lean to pass epa BS!!!Adding the exhaust will only make it run leaner..
2K16/10r likes this.

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #3 of 29 Old 02-26-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
Good exhaust, But you will have to have the ECU flashed!!! Bike already comes lean to pass epa BS!!!Adding the exhaust will only make it run leaner..
Even if I kept the stock cat on? I'd hate to experiment with tunes on a brand new bike

post #4 of 29 Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Even if I kept the stock cat on? I'd hate to experiment with tunes on a brand new bike
If you leave the cat on and just do a slip on you could get away with it, remove the cat and you SHOULD get the ECU flashed...Like I stated they come lean from the factory..

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #5 of 29 Old 02-26-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for your help Scot! I'm assuming power commander with an off the shelf map would do? I'm not looking to milk the engine for power just safe enough to not melt a piston or start knocking.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm spamming my 2-cents (and that's more than what it's worth)

I prefer a quiet exhaust, not just for hearing protection, but for pissed off people and cager protection. In my opinion riding on street is a skill where you navigate who you are going to piss off and when. Ideally it is never, which means you only ride track.

However if you ride street, loud pipes really only save you when you are not aware of the situation you are in, which should never be the case. Mistakes happen, and I get it, but we also like to have fun, and loud pipes in my opinion will absolutely reduce your fun, and only bring extra unwanted attention to you.

I much prefer slipping through unaware, then a cager fully aware of me and trying to block me on purpose because they are raging.
post #7 of 29 Old 02-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I did not want to mess with ECU and fueling issues.

I also did not want an obnoxiously loud exhaust (the M4 is IMO).

But I wanted something that looked nice, was lighter than stock, and sounded better than stock.

Last edited by TennisFreak; 03-07-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: done
post #8 of 29 Old 02-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I run the m4 gp on my street bike and its extremely loud which i love, Sounds amazing imo. like you mentioned i dont think they make a version that does not remove the stock cat. I would just recommend sending your ecu out to a tuner that will reflash it. Dont mess with power commanders and that kind of stuff. If youre in the US your bike is running with a rope tied around its neck, if not you just need to simple tune, maybe more but not 100% sure since im state side.
2K16/10r likes this.
post #9 of 29 Old 02-28-2017, 12:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

To reiterate some of the comments above, the M4 GP is insanely loud. As in it will piss off your neighbours and set off car alarms loud. The low mount design of the GP exhaust puts it in the same location as the catalytic converter so that will be removed out of necessity. However, you want to ditch your cat because it's such a power restriction. I flashed my bike before removing my cat but once replaced it with a link pipe the power gain was really noticeable.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone S20/T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, Showa BFRC Lite w/ ukzx10r's plates & 5th Gen dogbone, GP shift, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, set up by RMR Suspensions, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modified OEM sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
post #10 of 29 Old 02-28-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys, I'm actually in Dubai and found a reputable tuner who recommended a PCV, seems like the popular solution here for fueling adjustment.

To be honest, I had the M4 GP on my ZX6R and absolutely loved it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQp-TL-hANu/

I'd much rather be loud and heard to be honest, gets all the idiots texting and driving to drop their phones and pay attention at least, scares camels away too haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.