6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 03-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
it is really funny to me that people "don't want to flash the ecu" but, will spend more money on buying a pcv or bazzaz unit, and have to install, and deal with all of their software hardware, and customer service issues. AND THEN HAVE TO PAY TO GET IT TUNED ON TOP OF BUYING THE HARDWARE PACKAGE.

pcv and bazzaz are middle men, and need signals from the throttle position sensor, via the ecu, then they correct the fueling, timing, send the signal to the ignition, and injectors via the ecu... it is a wiring information loop with a slight lag or delay.

in laymans terms, the fueling/timing add ons (pcv bazzaz) sample at 1000 times a second (which is fast, don't get me wrong). the ecu samples at 10,000 times a second with no middle man between your throttle position sensor, ecu, and injectors. faster, smoother inputs, and outputs, equal crisper throttle response, and a more noticeable improvement.

also with a pcv YOU CANNOT, UNRESTRICT THE TIMING CURVES, GOVT MANDATED LIMITS, TURN OFF THE FUEL CUT ON DECELERATION, ECT... you can only augment timing and fueling.

you would be better to find a good reputable tuner that has a good flash, and map for your set up, and send the ecu, to them for a "canned set up" installed in your ecu, v.s paying the same or more money for a pcv, or bazzaz unit, and tuning via that. if you have a tuner that can flash via flashtune, woolich ect... ALL THE BETTER... USE THEM. it is ALOT BETTER, than using an add on fuel, ignition controller.

ecu flashing and tuning is where it is at. the future is now, power commanders, with add on functions had their place when we couldn't tune the ecu. we (you) don't NEED them ANY LONGER, IN THIS DAY AND AGE. you don't need to spend that money on the hardware, then tune it with the hardware. you would spend less with an ecu flash and dyno tune, and be done with it... with no added on CRAP, that can and will cause problems in tuning and rideability of the bike. Ski
You make a good point with your argument in that you can spend less on a flash and tune and not have all the extra crap. Only cost me 75 bucks to have my ECU flashed. Only downside is any changes after a flash is made you cannot just remap it as easily as can be done with a PCV. Not an issue though unless you are someone who is constantly changing out exhaust systems, doing engine mods, etc...

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 03-04-2017, 01:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

if you buy the flash "system", you can make those same changes through the ecu. remember each change would need either a datalogging event, or a dyno session to make the ideal changes to the maps for the changes in mods, that doesn't go away, with either the add on or the direct ecu flash.

someone will always bring up the "auto tune feature", ask any reputable tuner, datalogging, and dyno time are the BEST way to optimize tuning, over "autotune" features. Ski
MrMoto73 likes this.

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #23 of 29 Old 03-04-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

My biggest concern is that I'm in Dubai, so sending the ECU anywhere is out of the question. 2nd, you can do live tuning with a PCV and for me, I'm just after fixing the fueling to keep a smooth ride, not looking for mad power as the 10 is already fast enough.

post #24 of 29 Old 03-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mears View Post
Anybody run the "db killer" insert in the M4 GP exhaust? That was the first thing I did was remove it before installing the exhaust on my bike. Just wondered how much of a difference it makes.
I had no choice to keep that on when I had the slip-on on my 636. The lows are less noticeable with the baffle in, idling produces less sound that way... but it definitely removes a little something to the overall growl of the slip-on.
post #25 of 29 Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Wondering if the M4 GP can be run with the stock cat, anyone tried that?
post #26 of 29 Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

How would you possibly run the M4 GP with the cat when they mount in the same location? The outlet on the downpipe isn't even the same diameter as the outlet of the cat. It isn't on my Gen 4 anyway.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone S20/T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, Showa BFRC Lite w/ ukzx10r's plates & 5th Gen dogbone, GP shift, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, set up by RMR Suspensions, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modified OEM sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 40,000km+ and going strong!
post #27 of 29 Old 03-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I run a m4 gp exhaust without baffle and a full derestricted downpipes with a stock ecu. Runs very smooth and nice! Sound is amazing. I have also an Akrapovic exhaust, m4 is so much better for me personally...afterfire is also really nice blue flames...
post #28 of 29 Old 03-10-2017, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10r_russia View Post
I run a m4 gp exhaust without baffle and a full derestricted downpipes with a stock ecu. Runs very smooth and nice! Sound is amazing. I have also an Akrapovic exhaust, m4 is so much better for me personally...afterfire is also really nice blue flames...
Sweet! Did you notice a loss in power? My M4 should be here tomorrow and I can't wait! :D
post #29 of 29 Old 03-17-2017, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quick update: been running this exhaust for 700 kms and absolutely love the tone. Deep down low and a screamer up high, the pops and backfires are also a plus :D

Still have the baffle in, might keep it there as its pretty loud as is, any louder and I'm def gonna need ear plugs - think I need some already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.