Gen 4: 2011-2015 TC light permanently on - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

TC light permanently on

Hi All,
I'm running a '14 race bike which has had a Woolich Flash tune, bike runs fine, no flashing power or TC modes and I've done the holding A+B buttons check, with no fault codes indicated.
I can't get the orange TC light on the dash to go out, anybody had this before or any other ideas??
Also I have to start from a remote battery with the bike battery (small Li-po) discsonnected, guess this could throw it a wobble

Any advice appreciated

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 09:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yep, no problem with front or rear wheels, both spin freely and true when on stands

post #4 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi There, must have cocked up my earlier reply! Yep, front wheel appears to be in straight, spins up true, as does the rear
post #5 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
You need to make sure your tone ring on the front wheel is on the left side of the bike (If you are sitting on it) and that the air gap from the sensor to the tone ring is correct. The infomration for the correct air gap is in the service manual. Same with the rear but I am unsure if that will throw the light.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Cheers, yes, the TC ring is on the correct side. I've checked the Service Manual and can't find any detail on the sensor gap. Any tips. I would have thought if the sensor gap was wrong it would flash a fault?
post #7 of 16 Old 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

It may not be TC , the electronic steering turns on that light too, Are you sure there is no code, maybe an E3?
tdh likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-15-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Agreed the orange light comes up for a number of reasons, not specifically the TC. Also heard it could be battery voltage (the bike starts off a jump battery, with a small Li-Po battery on the bike).
The dash doesn't flash any codes when I do the 2 second A+B button check
post #9 of 16 Old 03-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiters View Post
Agreed the orange light comes up for a number of reasons, not specifically the TC. Also heard it could be battery voltage (the bike starts off a jump battery, with a small Li-Po battery on the bike).
The dash doesn't flash any codes when I do the 2 second A+B button check
Have you tried a different battery? a new battery? Li-Po battery when is not balanced charged it will get damaged and under a load one of the Cells can drop and if the voltage drop below 12V could set that light which is because of the CAN bus.
Why are you using a Lipo battery, is this Lipo gell cell or gas? you know the most dangerous battery in the world is Lipo battery? any overcharging or physical damage to it can cause fire or explosion.
Most of these batteries (lipo) are made in china and quality of it are not all that.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-15-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Chiffee, it's cos the guy I bought it off was a talented racer, who wanted light weight, whereas I am a part time racer/track day muppet. It has a top quality battery on it, there is no chance of changing back without fitting a new fuel tank, the tank sits under the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.