Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Stock Ohlins removal

721 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ninja2k5 
#1 ·
:BangHead: :zx_blk: :deadhorse

Ok, so I got the GPR damper in today. I have to put it on, but have no clue, just to be honest. The stock Ohlins is in place, but I have no clue how to remove it. I am retarded. :badteeth:

#5 ·
i just did mine today.. find the right allen keys to fit and a 10mm wrench and just find all the bolts that connect the bracket to underside of the triple clamp.. it will just bolt off. its very hard to break anything.. just find all bolts that connect it and take it off. there is one also on the back of the triple tree that holds the brake fluid reservoir along with the bracket. i think its a 5mm hex.. good luck..

#7 ·
dangerous22 said:
thanks, dee, did you replace yours with anything? I have the GPR unit waiting to go on.
sure did.. i got the Hyperpro RSC. Looks to be the best damper i have seen yet. it has 22 settings and has an active damping system to where if you have it set on say 8 and it goes to headshake it will lock itself down on its own.. i tested it too. before i installed it i set it on 6 clicks and started pulling the rod in and out fast and it quickly tighten itself up..pretty cool..

i had the GPR on my Cbr 1000rr and it worked well too... just the Hyperpro seems more trick to me..

#9 ·
deezuhl said:
sure did.. i got the Hyperpro RSC. Looks to be the best damper i have seen yet. it has 22 settings and has an active damping system to where if you have it set on say 8 and it goes to headshake it will lock itself down on its own.. i tested it too. before i installed it i set it on 6 clicks and started pulling the rod in and out fast and it quickly tighten itself up..pretty cool..

i had the GPR on my Cbr 1000rr and it worked well too... just the Hyperpro seems more trick to me..
Hyperpro rsc is tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.