Gen 5: 2016 -> spec differance R vs RR - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 12-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfswede View Post
Are you shure? I never read this anywhere....

2016-17 zx10r you can flip the swingarm pivot but the 2017 zx10rr & 2018 zx10r it can’t be flipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 12-02-2017, 03:39 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfswede View Post
Are you shure? I never read this anywhere....
Possibly I'm wrong but I thought I recalled them offering that on the RR.. I BMW does and I think I noticed it on the new Suzuki.. I could be wrong

Last edited by Gunner; 12-02-2017 at 03:47 AM.
post #13 of 18 Old 12-02-2017, 03:49 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
2016-17 zx10r you can flip the swingarm pivot but the 2017 zx10rr & 2018 zx10r it can’t be flipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe this is what I remembered seeing..

post #14 of 18 Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Possibly I'm wrong but I thought I recalled them offering that on the RR.. I BMW does and I think I noticed it on the new Suzuki.. I could be wrong
On the BMW its just the rear shock mount that can be changed that alters the ride height only. S1000rr and zx10 have different swingarm pivots that are offered in the racekit parts but not stock. Not sure why they changed it on the zx10 but newer models can't be flipped.
post #15 of 18 Old 12-04-2017, 04:12 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
On the BMW its just the rear shock mount that can be changed that alters the ride height only. S1000rr and zx10 have different swingarm pivots that are offered in the racekit parts but not stock. Not sure why they changed it on the zx10 but newer models can't be flipped.
OK Admittedly I'm not up to speed on this shit and should keep my mouth shut but with that said I know at one time the BMW did in fact offer an adjustable pivot so I done some investigating after reading this. Now for whatever reason it appears they no longer offer this but on the earlier models they did. Here's a link to Kyle Racing's offering for this. Memory tells me that BMW also offered a race kit style kit that had these offered at the dealer.. But here's the aftermarket offering for a couple of the earlier years. I'm not looking into this to be a dick just to be clear. I'm actually going back to assure myself I'm not recalling shit that's not true. And as I stated in the first post most people should NEVER screw with this since it's something that can get you out in left field.

Kyle Racing Swingarm Pivot Offset Insert BMW S1000RR 2010-2011
post #16 of 18 Old 12-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
OK Admittedly I'm not up to speed on this shit and should keep my mouth shut but with that said I know at one time the BMW did in fact offer an adjustable pivot so I done some investigating after reading this. Now for whatever reason it appears they no longer offer this but on the earlier models they did. Here's a link to Kyle Racing's offering for this. Memory tells me that BMW also offered a race kit style kit that had these offered at the dealer.. But here's the aftermarket offering for a couple of the earlier years. I'm not looking into this to be a dick just to be clear. I'm actually going back to assure myself I'm not recalling shit that's not true. And as I stated in the first post most people should NEVER screw with this since it's something that can get you out in left field.

Kyle Racing Swingarm Pivot Offset Insert BMW S1000RR 2010-2011
I have both the s1000rr & zx10rr, both bikes have replaceable pivots but not "stock" parts that are adjustable without replacing with a aftermarket part. 2016 zx10 you could flip the "stock" pivot and change the offset.

Last edited by Newf; 12-04-2017 at 08:08 AM.
post #17 of 18 Old 12-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I think the RR has self maintaining blinker fluid.
post #18 of 18 Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I have both the s1000rr & zx10rr, both bikes have replaceable pivots but not "stock" parts that are adjustable without replacing with a aftermarket part. 2016 zx10 you could flip the "stock" pivot and change the offset.
All these adjustable pivots require replacing the eccentric offset slug just like adjustable triple trees do. On those early S1000's you could buy those little parts from the BMW dealer also. Kyle just got in on the game and offered his brand. I'm sure they were different in some way perhaps he offered more choices. Again 99.99999% of us mortal men will never get our chassis dialed in so perfect that a pivot change would even be noticed. I doubt the MotoGp mechanics even change that shit once they get it nailed into what works. Probably why most of those that offered it have stopped offering it. I haven't looked at an Aprilia in awhile but I wouldn't doubt they offer it since they are more a race bike manufacture that converted to a selling street bikes over the years. All that shit has got way beyond my ability to keep track of in my head. Eye sight isn't all you lose with old age.. Memory goes to Hell quick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.