Service Manuals Permanently Rehosted....Again - Page 14 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 136 Old 06-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Just to show that I may have to much time on my hands, which I don't. Found an error in the service manuals for 06-07 and 08-10. Section 10-2 the exploded view of the rear tire does not show the placement of the chain adjustment blocks, or whatever that piece is called, on each end of the axle.

Not usually this anal but sometimes I do pay attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 136 Old 06-24-2016, 02:51 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwax View Post
Just to show that I may have to much time on my hands, which I don't. Found an error in the service manuals for 06-07 and 08-10. Section 10-2 the exploded view of the rear tire does not show the placement of the chain adjustment blocks, or whatever that piece is called, on each end of the axle.

Not usually this anal but sometimes I do pay attention.
It's not an error. They are shown in the Suspension chapter with the swingarm. They're not part of the rear wheel since the adjustment screws go in the swingarm.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #133 of 136 Old 06-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Well that makes sense - I mean it being part of the swing arm. But no matter what you say, there is no way you can get that part in after the rear wheel is on. So, as an "exploded" view that diagram is WRONG. No matter how you look at it, its wrong. Kind of like reading instructions you sometimes receive with products made in China. The meaning is there but you just got to laugh... Like this for example; "Loosen the banjo bolt (A) at the brake hose lower end, and tighten it loosely." I mean WTF does that mean? lol...

Anyway if you were going off that exploded view and assembling your rear axle, you would not be able to assemble it correctly, PERIOD.

So it is an error, since the axle goes through that part. But I see what your saying, since the exploded view does not show the swing arm either. However in that respect I feel that the part in question belongs on the exploded view of the rear axle rather than the view of the swing arm since there is no relation to the axle... What I mean is would you put the washer on the back or front of plate? I know the answer but where does it show you?

Last edited by earwax; 06-24-2016 at 05:23 PM.

post #134 of 136 Old 06-24-2016, 06:12 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwax View Post
Well that makes sense - I mean it being part of the swing arm. But no matter what you say, there is no way you can get that part in after the rear wheel is on. So, as an "exploded" view that diagram is WRONG. No matter how you look at it, its wrong. Kind of like reading instructions you sometimes receive with products made in China. The meaning is there but you just got to laugh... Like this for example; "Loosen the banjo bolt (A) at the brake hose lower end, and tighten it loosely." I mean WTF does that mean? lol...

Anyway if you were going off that exploded view and assembling your rear axle, you would not be able to assemble it correctly, PERIOD.

So it is an error, since the axle goes through that part. But I see what your saying, since the exploded view does not show the swing arm either. However in that respect I feel that the part in question belongs on the exploded view of the rear axle rather than the view of the swing arm since there is no relation to the axle... What I mean is would you put the washer on the back or front of plate? I know the answer but where does it show you?

Well then you'd need the swingarm in the picture too. Cause you'd never know how to install the wheel otherwise.

#WordCrimes

post #135 of 136 Old 08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

My download i'snt working, would anyone be able to emeil me the gen 4 zx10r service manual? Thanks. ( tefla12@gmail.com )
post #136 of 136 Old 08-16-2016, 09:54 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfer View Post
My download i'snt working, would anyone be able to emeil me the gen 4 zx10r service manual? Thanks. ( tefla12@gmail.com )
It's too big to email in most cases, which is why the file sharing link is there. Click the link, wait the 30 secs, then click the download button. The file will open and then you can "view the original" and save a copy to your computer from that point. I just tried it and it works fine. But you'll likely need to do it from a PC and not a tablet or mobile device.

#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.