In search of turbo!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-10-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
In search of turbo!!

I have a 2016 zx10r. I am looking for a turbo for it, however I cant seem to find any websites or anything that sells them. I find the kits and what not for them, just not the actual turbo itself. If anyone could give me a website or point me in the right direction, it would be very helpful!!
Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 09:38 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Are you looking to fab your own set-up? Every shop/manufacturer/nutcase will use their own choice of turbo depending on the intended use & power output of the machine. Because of the wide range of desires, and depth of wallets, there is no one turbo that anyone can recommend. In order to give you a good idea of what you need, a few questions have to be answered:

Intended use?
Realistic Power goals?
Fuel type?
Budget?
Fabricating your own kit or bringing it to a shop?

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
Are you looking to fab your own set-up? Every shop/manufacturer/nutcase will use their own choice of turbo depending on the intended use & power output of the machine. Because of the wide range of desires, and depth of wallets, there is no one turbo that anyone can recommend. In order to give you a good idea of what you need, a few questions have to be answered:

Intended use?
Realistic Power goals?
Fuel type?
Budget?
I would like to get more power out of my bike. I would like to be pushing 200+. just running regular fuel. I don't really have a budget. its something I plan on buying over the next few months. I'm just looking around to try and find pricing and whatnot on everything that I will need. Id like to start buying stuff right now. I go to the track occasionally. it would be more for use on the streets though. I just finally have a bike that I want to dump some money into.

post #4 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

Intended use?
Realistic Power goals?
Fuel type?
Budget?
Correction. id like to be pushing 190+ hp.
id like to be able to realistically be able to hit 200mph without a problem once my flash is done.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

Intended use?
Realistic Power goals?
Fuel type?
Budget?
I am just trying to get some more power out of my bike. I go to the track Occasionally. its main use would be for the road though. I would like to be pushing 190+ if I can. regular fuel. I don't really have a budget right now. I'm just trying to get a look at how much it will be. wanting to buy all of it within the next couple months. Trying to see how much it is all going to cost me.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 03:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If you honestly want less than 200-ish hp at the wheel, you're probably better off NA with motor work & chassis lightening. You'll have a bike that is more fun to ride in more situations... and a Gen 5 Zx-10r can meet your goals with bolt on's and good tuning.

If your heart is set on a snail, and it is a 100% street bike, I'd use a small(er) turbo like the GT2560 or at the largest the GT28xx series Garrett turbos... with good attention to detail you can run 5-7psi safely on a pump gas tune and make a corresponding 33-50% increase in power.... likely without having to dig into the motor for strengthening mods. But honestly, forced induction is really only worth the added effort and expense if you plan on going at least a little bit crazy.... you can get what you want in this case (performance wise) without all the added hassle of building a new induction system.

post #7 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 04:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggar81 View Post
Correction. id like to be pushing 190+ hp.
id like to be able to realistically be able to hit 200mph without a problem once my flash is done.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

"I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the looney bin together!"

"Strong Men Also Cry"
post #8 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 06:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yea, that's a hard one to quantify... and it depends on the size and shape of the rider along with the distance available for the attempt. If you're 200+ lbs and trying to hit that in a half mile in a radar shot event, then yea... you're gonna need some boost. All the boost, actually. But if you're a medium-to-smaller frame guy and you're just opening it up on miles of empty road with a rolling start and you just want the GPS to flash the double ton, then 200mph is likely possible with a little bit of gearing change and all the usual NA power upgrades (and maybe a splash of aero modifications).

Again, it all comes down to intended use. From the OP's reply I figured he just wants it to be a "fast streetbike", not compete in land speed events. :)

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 05-11-2017 at 06:43 PM.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Just listen to Spaz. The dude knows. And he knows it better than most of the rest of us.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #10 of 14 Old 05-12-2017, 09:00 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

We can do that :)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170217_135807_001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	398458

Name:	IMG_20170217_141310_999.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	398466

Name:	20170217_135855.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	398474

Name:	20170217_135837.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	398482

This specific build is a custom kit for the 4th gen. We can do them on the 5th gen though; one is actually being built up at the moment by Jack at Holeshot (he is the one who builds the kits/motors). We currently have a 2014 and a 2016 that we will likely be shipping the motors over to have built and sent back here and we'll finish the process on them here stateside.

You can have them done in two stages. The first kit will push 7 PSI and put the bike at roughly 260 WHP. The next stage requires a bit more internal work (new con-rods, pistons, etc) and of course a lot more money.

The bike you see above has four selectable stages of boost varying from 7 to 24 PSI. At the fourth setting on VP Import it puts down just a hair shy of 500HP.

I actually rode it for the first time Wednesday and it is intense. I didn't even get up into the 4th boost setting. About the best I could do was the 3rd riding it to about 70% of it's potential before survival instincts kicked in.

SpazOnaZX likes this.

ME Motorsports, Inc. Exclusive North American Distributor of Woolich Racing products. Official MotoGyro Vision , Zeitronix, Brock's Performance, Core Moto and MWR filtration products vendor.
For a special ZX-10R.net discount on Woolich Racing products, please private message me!

|| Facebook || Website || 701.212.1130 || NorthAmerica@WoolichRacing.com ||

Last edited by ZX10RArcher; 05-12-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aftermarket, help me, performance, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.