Gen 1: 2004-2005 Rifleman 1/5 Revised Install For 05 ZX10R W/Pics - Page 9 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 83 Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
Yes, Kawasaki used the 46019-0001 throttle grip on all the ZX-10R's all the 14R's, most of the 636's, the 6R and the 6RR's

but as I've said in the past the R6 grip only reduces the throw about 10' degrees. Stock is 90' degrees, with the R6 grip it's about 80' degrees, with my 1/5th it's 72' degrees.

the other thing is that the R6 grip is about 1/2 an inch shorter then the Kawi grip so there is a visible gap between the grip and the bar end weight.

the rubber is also different so your grips are mismatched or you need to get the matching rubber for the other side.

this is a great mod for a track bike where you aren't worried about the gap or grip mismatch.

If you want your 10R to keep it's factory look but upgrade the throttle response, the insert is the way to go.

I honestly don't recall any of the issues you're describing when I installed the R6 grip on my ZX6R. Maybe it's different in the 10 who knows. But the rubber grip I swapped over from my after market grip so ther was no issue there and I don't recall a 1/2 inch gap. Based in the size of the throttle tubes I would think it was a lot more than 10 degrees. The responsiveness was significant imho and there was less wrist fatigue when i rode. Maybe I have a picture laying around somwhere.

Can't cop cars without seeing cop cars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 83 Old 10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Awesome write up. I just finished this mod today and it's incredible!! Had to shave just a tad off the actual insert too because it was a little fatter than stock width and wouldn't move freely inside housing. Great mod though!!
post #83 of 83 Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ricozx10r
great write up. I done this on my last gen 2s . never did cut threads off maybe it would of worked better if I did umm so now I got a gen 1 ill do it this way this time around.

gen 1 10r current bike..

06 10r lowered and stretched, flashed, strapped, full brocks. sold

07 Full Muzzys exhaust,-1,4+, lowered/stretched 6in,k&n filter, powercommander,riffle man insert, block off plates, removed secondaries. sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in