Gen 1: 2004-2005 Rifleman 1/5 Revised Install For 05 ZX10R W/Pics - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 83 Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I understand that there are allot of people out there that did not or do not need to get under the tank. I probably did not need to, but after testing it both ways, it felt a little tighter after I did shave a little off the cable. Just some info for the ones that do. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 83 Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

thanks dude, this has been added to my signature list of links on install. Very comprehensive, lots of pics and detail..

perfect.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #13 of 83 Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
thanks dude, this has been added to my signature list of links on install. Very comprehensive, lots of pics and detail

perfect.
Thanks Bro. Took two days to write. Did it from memory. Then had my wife read it and see if she could follow it. She is not mecanicaly savvy and was able to

post #14 of 83 Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaleZ View Post
Thanks Bro. Took two days to write. Did it from memory. Then had my wife read it and see if she could follow it. She is not mecanicaly savvy and was able to
Sorry ZaleZ it took so long your Thread should have been Cemented in the "How TO" sections for many reasons it got missed by some Mods....no worries better late than never.

Rifleman 1/5 Revised Install For 05 ZX10R W/Pics

Thanks for your time also moved to the performance and tech section as well.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #15 of 83 Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Sorry ZaleZ it took so long your Thread should have been Cemented in the "How TO" sections for many reasons it got missed by some Mods....no worries better late than never.

Rifleman 1/5 Revised Install For 05 ZX10R W/Pics

Thanks for your time also moved to the performance and tech section as well.

bloo

Thanks Bro

96 Suzuki Bandit (Torn Apart, Chopped Up And Rebuilding, Rat Bike)
05 ZX10R Raw Titanium/Black
My Write Ups
Gen 1 04/05 Rifleman 1/5 Install With Lots Of Pics http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110851
My Site: https://sites.google.com/site/zalezbuilds/
post #16 of 83 Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well done to the OP!! Comprehensive write up on how ANYONE could fit one of Rifleman's inserts. Rep sent.

Area P slip-on & link pipe,De-catted Headers,PCV & Autotune,Ivans block off plates,K & N filter,X-Tre,Driven Superlite sprockets,+2 rear,stock front,520 conversion,V4 Speedohealer,Servo motor eliminator,Re-valved Ohlins damper,Spiegler front brake lines,Zero Gravity SR dark smoke screen,Stompgrip tank pads,ZX-6 rear cowl,and more to come.

Speed dosen't kill,it's the sudden stop!!!
post #17 of 83 Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

got mine in just now, no test ride yet. didnt get under the tank, didnt cut any of the lock nuts. It seems to snap closed like normal from what I can remember, seems a little harder to crank the throttle, but Im guessing thats normal. Will have to see how it acts when running. Thanks for the write up!
post #18 of 83 Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

should not really feel much harder. It should be basically like stock except shorter. Try adjusting your cables a little bit and see if itll be easier. Test it in multiple throttle positions. It should snap back whether you give it 10% 20% 50% 100% throttle very easily.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #19 of 83 Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Would clipping the lock nuts on the throttle cables by the handle bars and adjusting them out further make it easier to roll?
post #20 of 83 Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

yeah it does. I ditched the lock nuts on mine under the airbox as well as the forward ones to get more slack. try it and see what happens. Shouldnt be any binding though.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in