PFM Brakes. anyone tried? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-22-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

PFM Brakes. anyone tried?

Although I`ve only had my bike for 2 months, I am always keen to modify so I started off with decat/slip on/K&N and remap.
Next is the brakes, I think the brakes are extremely good from stock (apart from the rear)
As I`ve started getting more and more used to the bike I`m realising that there are limitations to the standard brakes and they do lack a certain amount of feel.
I have discussed this with a company on the Isle of man who manufacture their own systems and recommended a few different options.
I`ve decided to go for the full system change out and just wondered if any of you guys had heard of people using PFM and if so what are their thoughts?
Thanks
Matty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-22-2017, 09:03 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

PFM make great products and may not be well known outside of the TT, British and European racing circles, Michael Dunlop runs with this kit on his bikes for road racing, nuff said. Their brake disks have a unique quick change design that allows a quick swap out the disk without removal of the carrier from the wheel. Rumor has it that Brembo offered PFM a large sum of money to acquire this patent but were turned down.

The Stop Shop - PFM Performance Motorcycle Brake Systems - Distributors for Castrol, Ferodo, Goodridge, Performance Friction, SBS, Bendix, EBC Brakes, AP Racing, LCR
post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yes that last part is true because they have the patent on the circlip fixing arrangement.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-17-2017, 06:00 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have PFM iron front discs on my '07, they seem to work well and look great. According to my trusty spreadsheet, they were only 58 grams lighter than standard, though.

Cheers,
Brian

Do not walk behind me, for I may not be leading.
Do not walk in front of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk alongside me, for the path may be narrow.
Just piss off and leave me alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.