oiling mod for the 04/05 10r - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

A few more PSI of oil pressure won't make the sort of huge difference that a radically-different-from-stock engine may need. But for something that is juuuuust on the edge, it should help to tilt things towards being on the right side of the edge.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 02-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

That oil valve increases pressure 35%. Not really " a little increase". That's dramatic increase.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #13 of 17 Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm sending the cases to dwayne today and the crank to marine. I have 2 motors one was a 4 mil stroker motor and other was stock crank both with spun bearing on the #3 ... this time I want to make sure I take the proper precautions

post #14 of 17 Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane843 View Post
I'm sending the cases to dwayne today and the crank to marine. I have 2 motors one was a 4 mil stroker motor and other was stock crank both with spun bearing on the #3 ... this time I want to make sure I take the proper precautions

Sounds like you are taking the needed precautions. The case mod and upgraded oil valve will ensure you won't have any oiling issues. May want to check and see if any of the after market low pro oil pans have a baffle. I assume you are running either a cut stock pan or after market low profile one. just another step you can take.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #15 of 17 Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I have the RPM pan, I will post pic of the build as it comes along... I'm looking for an ignetion module so I can retard timing I would like to spray about a 60 shot dry .
post #16 of 17 Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

hello guys. how i know 04 to 07 zx10r have 4 blade in oil pump, and 08 + have 5 blades, so which is better? 4 blades or 5 blades pump?
post #17 of 17 Old 06-14-2017, 11:18 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikuka View Post
hello guys. how i know 04 to 07 zx10r have 4 blade in oil pump, and 08 + have 5 blades, so which is better? 4 blades or 5 blades pump?
Wow. This is a hell of a thread resurrection. Five years! Woohoo!!!

Uh, to answer your question....it doesn't work like that. Four or 5 blades is pretty meaningless. Depending on which one can move more oil based on how fast it turns, how wide the rotor is, how big the supply and outflow lines are, that will determine how much oil it can move. So don't worry about how many "blades" you can count, cause that doesn't matter. Stick with the one designed for the bike you got.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.