Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Not sure what it is.

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Chriscm922 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 with about 6900 miles on it. Riding home from work today doing about 85 on the highway through a curve, and it felt almost like the bike was skipping sideways. Felt fine for the 35 miles before that. Almost felt like I had a flat in the rear...again. So I stop and check, and the tires are good. Keep on going, off the highway at this point, and it just feels off. Still like that flat tire feeling where it doesn't want to lean in turns. And almost like as I'm throttling, it's fighting me back. I checked the rear briefly and everything is moving freely and doesn't seem like there's anything going on. I'm going to check the air filter and see if it's caked with bugs. I know that could help with the pulling back feeling, but I guess I don't think it would cause the flat feeling in turns. It's not making and weird noises, or throwing codes. But definitely feels off. Any thoughts on something else to check for? Thanks for the help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Not enough to go on yet but does sound more like a partial flat or some suspension issue. Be careful about riding the bike until you figure it out. Oh yeah it could also be low voltage to the ECU, better check your battery and charging system. Was TC on or off?

#7 ·
I stripped it down. Just checking all
The basics, and all seems to be alright. I cleaned the air filter, and I'll clean and lube the chain, grease the bearings, and put it all back together. Might just change the oil as well, just to cover everything. I'm hoping maybe it's just an interaction of everything and this will take care of it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.