2Likes
  • 1 Post By C3L1CA
  • 1 Post By SpazOnaZX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nitous & limiter

Iv got a MPS spyder with size 16 jets on a stock but decked out Gen3 head with the limiter set at 13800, has anybody had problems on dyno spraying when you the limiter, Ryan Shintze advises against it but I'm not sure how to avoid it in the interests of a full map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry that's " problem when hitting limiter whilst spraying"
post #3 of 9 Old 05-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I would get some kind of nitrous controller so you can tell it when to turn on and off. That way you can set it to turn off just before your limiter. At least that is what I would do but I'm no nitrous pro.
michael4012 likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What He said. :)

At the very least, something called a "window switch" that can turn it off a few hundred rpm before your limiter. Big nitrous backfires in the exhaust can do unpleasant things... like unseat the exhaust valve when the piston is on its way back up at 13000 rpm.
michael4012 likes this.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys, yes I agree with you both I'm looking for a window switch but maybe a mini controller for the right price, many thanks.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-04-2017, 10:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

anything close to s 40 shot and valve springs are a big issue. done 3 nitrous stk motor setups this spring. done right requires valve springs, inj's cleaned/flowed, high flow fuel pump, good fuel, allows afr to be safely tuned to 13/1 for max power/torque. as mentioned spraying nitrous with ignition kill will cause sonic boom/pop that can spit shims or valve retainer keepers, fuel kill completley eliminates this problem. makes nitrous undetectable during shifts.i only install nitrous with a controller. nos mini is great simple unit with all the safeguards including programmable beginning/ending rpm and nitrous can be ramped in as needed. no need to turn nitrous motor where ur rev limit set. just got stk 06 gsxr 1000 tuned fri with above mods, small dyno verified 32 shot made over 100 ft lbs torque at 8300, shutting off at 12500 with over 200 on tap. u need to gear for the torque, not rpm. the torque nitrous produces makes for incredible accleration.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-04-2017, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
anything close to s 40 shot and valve springs are a big issue. done 3 nitrous stk motor setups this spring. done right requires valve springs, inj's cleaned/flowed, high flow fuel pump, good fuel, allows afr to be safely tuned to 13/1 for max power/torque. as mentioned spraying nitrous with ignition kill will cause sonic boom/pop that can spit shims or valve retainer keepers, fuel kill completley eliminates this problem. makes nitrous undetectable during shifts.i only install nitrous with a controller. nos mini is great simple unit with all the safeguards including programmable beginning/ending rpm and nitrous can be ramped in as needed. no need to turn nitrous motor where ur rev limit set. just got stk 06 gsxr 1000 tuned fri with above mods, small dyno verified 32 shot made over 100 ft lbs torque at 8300, shutting off at 12500 with over 200 on tap. u need to gear for the torque, not rpm. the torque nitrous produces makes for incredible accleration.
As usual Gaz thats spot on & complete information What percentage fuel did you find yourself adding typically?

192MPH stock engined 2008
post #8 of 9 Old 06-05-2017, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Just a quote when I say stock it's the engine I built from spares. It's got heavier than stock springs in with the cams.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

honestley dont know the fuel increase added, leave that to my tuner. he tuned dsbat's gen 2 with a 60 shot for his mile record holding zx10 that went 217. there are some basic fuel increase guides for specific hp shots on the net. also beef that clutch up, nitrous will blow right thru it.

Last edited by gazx10; 06-05-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.