Ninja ZX10 2008 5th and 6th gear issue - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 10-04-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Does this look familiar? Notice throttle position. (time in seconds and speed in km/h)
That is specifically what i am willing to find when i get my hands in the ecu...

How did you get that info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 10-04-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroguerra21 View Post
However i received the de-cat pipe at the end of the day and while i was installing it i saw the catalitic converter had like 5 holes all arround... honestly i don't think this could cause the problem, but who knows... tomorrow will be riding it and let you know...

If you bought a true decat link pipe you have a gen 2 registered in 2008? Gen 3 cat is part of the header.
Holes in the cat should not cause the issue. Although it tells the story of somebody messing with the bike.

Quote:
My new theory is that Somehow someone has attempted to flash the ecu with a non-recomended driver or not properly... what i feel is that for a small amount of tps, the STP close itself and that causes the symphtom like when you are without gas or engine breaKing...
This should not be possible with the given circumstances. I mean, it is of course possible to (by error or not) reprogram stp to close at a certain throttle position/rpm, but it should happen the moment you are in that range and not appear after steady throttle.

I still think it sounds like a closed loop issue if your description is accurate. Any other non electronical issue should present itself in 4th as well as the load is next to identical at cruise.

Please, what do you mean closed loop...?
post #23 of 39 Old 10-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
That is specifically what i am willing to find when i get my hands in the ecu...

How did you get that info?
It`s a powercommander 5 (w/autotune and wideband o2 sensor) log from my gen 2 on a flat stretch of road.
It is also possible to log injector operation using just the the powercommander 5 if you already had one on your bike.
I just made a quick log to show Dynojet that their o2 eliminators only eliminates the FI light.
Partially faulty stock sensors would probably give the same result, not neccesarily triggering a code as mentioned.
If someone drilled holes in the cat they may have damaged the o2 sensors in the process. Just a thought.
Anyway, ecu data and logging as you plan to is a good place to start.

And the video might also help.

I`m just in for the ride

post #24 of 39 Old 10-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Please, what do you mean closed loop...?
Short version;
Fuel burns most complete in a stoich afr ratio and the catalytic conv. also works best around there.
For normal pump gas stoich air/fuel ratio is ~14,7:1 (depending on ethanol content)
Stock o2`s are narrowband and only detects if the current afr is rich or lean of stoich (lambda= <1 or >1), not actual afr.
In closed loop the ecu tries to achieve a stoich afr and don`t use the static maps for fueling, but relies on info from the o2 sensors to adjust fueling dynamically.
This is for emission reasons. Also see my first post.

I`m just in for the ride
post #25 of 39 Old 10-05-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

So here it is... a video showing the issue we've talking so far...

At this point i must refer some mods on the bike:

- Decat pipe;
- Kn air filter
- No exhaust valve
- Exhaust sensor eliminator ( ese by healtech)
- Akrapovic end can

By posting this video i am looking to find if someone has ever ocurred the same:

https://youtu.be/VkEnfuPlHHM
post #26 of 39 Old 10-06-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Curious thing... as it is a Selectivity issue today i tried to "cheat" the bike and installed a timing retard eliminator.. wich one of its main functions is to make bike "think" it is always on 4th ( no mod) 5th ( soft setting ) or 6th gear ( hard setting )...

Put it on 6th gear and guess what? Now it produces that issue in all gears...!

So i am definetelly sure this is due to a bad cartography in the ecu
post #27 of 39 Old 10-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Curious thing... as it is a Selectivity issue today i tried to "cheat" the bike and installed a timing retard eliminator.. wich one of its main functions is to make bike "think" it is always on 4th ( no mod) 5th ( soft setting ) or 6th gear ( hard setting )...

Put it on 6th gear and guess what? Now it produces that issue in all gears...!

So i am definetelly sure this is due to a bad cartography in the ecu
Well, the important thing is do you have the problem when you put the tre to emulate 4th for all gears?

I was thinking about suggesting you get a tre for troubleshooting, but it is not free, so I did not.

By the way, I run a Gipro atre g2 myself in neutral all gears ("hard") setting to get around my closed loop issue.

When I get a woolich flash kit later I will check if the o2 sensor delete option actually keeps the ecu out of closed loop or just kills the FI light like the o2 eliminators. But for now the atre works perfect and gives a few other great advantages as well.(stp open sooner for part throttle, eliminates fuel cut on decel, and it does not measurable affect ram air compensation)

I`m just in for the ride

Last edited by GreenOne; 10-06-2017 at 04:19 PM.
post #28 of 39 Old 10-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
So here it is... a video showing the issue we've talking so far...

At this point i must refer some mods on the bike:

- Decat pipe;
- Kn air filter
- No exhaust valve
- Exhaust sensor eliminator ( ese by healtech)
- Akrapovic end can

By posting this video i am looking to find if someone has ever ocurred the same:

https://youtu.be/VkEnfuPlHHM
Just watched your video. It is 100% the same as the gen 2 behaves when the ecu is in closed loop and the o2 sensors don`t work as they should.. Just look at speed and throttle position in the log i posted. It is the same as your video....

I`m just in for the ride
post #29 of 39 Old 10-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Just thinking...maybe someone deleted your o2 sensors by flash and it creates the same situation. I don`t know yet how this affects the ecu.

I`m just in for the ride
post #30 of 39 Old 10-09-2017, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I apreciate your ki d amd attentio .
Will be waiting for your news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.