Ninja ZX10 2008 5th and 6th gear issue - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 Old 09-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Also check for exhaust leaks before or around the O2 sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`m just in for the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 Old 09-30-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOP Leader View Post
From your description it sounds like you may have a blocked gas cap/gas tank vent tube. Even though the pipes are correctly installed, doesn't mean they may not be blocked. Try blowing compressed air through the lines to clear them.

This sounds for me the most reasonable explantion... however from what i can see at dealers manual, there is a fuel tank for usa Canada and florida with an external return hose... mine does not as i am from europe...

But in faction i have a problem with pressio or suction at the fuel tank...because as i am riding if i get close the fuel tank i can ear the "whisling"...

Today i have mad an inspection to the fuel pump and found out a faulty oring ... replaced it and run it on the stand with strady throttle at 5k rpm and no losses... (i am running out of time as the day goes by ) i can not confirm the problem is this because with the bike on the stand you have a free wheel so...

By monday will bet back to you...
post #13 of 39 Old 10-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

yes the exact same thing. Happens every now and than but havent had it happen in a little while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroguerra21 View Post
Exactly the same symphtoms...?

post #14 of 39 Old 10-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

There will be a vent on your gas cap to allow air in to occupy the space left behind from fuel leaving the tank. Fuel starvation will cause the symptoms you describe.
post #15 of 39 Old 10-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

To verify if you have a vent issue on your tank, use your spare key for your bike and crack open the tank while you cruise in a straight line in 5th-6th gear. This will verify if you have a vent issue.
post #16 of 39 Old 10-02-2017, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOP Leader View Post
There will be a vent on your gas cap to allow air in to occupy the space left behind from fuel leaving the tank. Fuel starvation will cause the symptoms you describe.

I understand your point, and of my first tests was blowing compressed air into the cape hole, and it vents all the way until the hose under the fairing...

So, i really can't assure if it is a pressure or a suction issue...
post #17 of 39 Old 10-02-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

So... today...

Went for a teste rife on her.
Bike starts easier, i think this is due to the replacement of the faulty oring and i will go ahead for the fuel filter replacement ( same as Suzuki Gsx-R 1000 2007/2008, 29eur at portugal ).

Anyway the problem is still there...

However i received the de-cat pipe at the end of the day and while i was installing it i saw the catalitic converter had like 5 holes all arround... honestly i don't think this could cause the problem, but who knows... tomorrow will be riding it and let you know...

So, resuming, bike has not trigered any fault codes... i think it has not that kick it would have... 5th and 6th gear bike "swallows" rpm cruising low speed arround 5k or 6k rpm...

My new theory is that Somehow someone has attempted to flash the ecu with a non-recomended driver or not properly... what i feel is that for a small amount of tps, the STP close itself and that causes the symphtom like when you are without gas or engine breaKing... and so i will step forward and will analyse the ecu maps...hope to come here soon but i expect to take 2 or 3 weeks to get my job done.

Thanks
post #18 of 39 Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Does this look familiar? Notice throttle position. (time in seconds and speed in km/h)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closedloop.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	405034  

I`m just in for the ride
post #19 of 39 Old 10-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
However i received the de-cat pipe at the end of the day and while i was installing it i saw the catalitic converter had like 5 holes all arround... honestly i don't think this could cause the problem, but who knows... tomorrow will be riding it and let you know...
If you bought a true decat link pipe you have a gen 2 registered in 2008? Gen 3 cat is part of the header.
Holes in the cat should not cause the issue. Although it tells the story of somebody messing with the bike.

Quote:
My new theory is that Somehow someone has attempted to flash the ecu with a non-recomended driver or not properly... what i feel is that for a small amount of tps, the STP close itself and that causes the symphtom like when you are without gas or engine breaKing...
This should not be possible with the given circumstances. I mean, it is of course possible to (by error or not) reprogram stp to close at a certain throttle position/rpm, but it should happen the moment you are in that range and not appear after steady throttle.

I still think it sounds like a closed loop issue if your description is accurate. Any other non electronical issue should present itself in 4th as well as the load is next to identical at cruise.

I`m just in for the ride

Last edited by GreenOne; 10-03-2017 at 08:05 AM.
post #20 of 39 Old 10-04-2017, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I am preparing to show you closelly what is happening... i think that untill the end of the day i can edit the clip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171004_123237_1507134549645.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	550.0 KB
ID:	405170   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171004_123229_1507134608834.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	574.5 KB
ID:	405178  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.