Gen 2: 2006-2007 New Turbo Project - Page 21 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 211 Old 01-02-2018, 08:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

160psi is too much, you'll blow the the welds on the intake manifold like that hahahahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Danger to manifold!

I'm still working out how much pressure I want to run... it is in a 'pull' set up, and it is near the end of the stroke. I'm using 3/8" line that's rated to 200psi... hopefully I can get it to do what it needs to do in the 120-140psi range. We'll see I suppose. :)

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 01-03-2018 at 12:14 AM.
post #203 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice on the air shifter! I pieced together my own setup too and have had the same setup for a long time on both my old r1 and my zx10. Hopefully it works out slick for you, I always had the damndest of time getting my nitrous to work right on my shifters for some reason, I had the same regulator and seemed to work 99% on the street dicking around but always missed a shift come race day when I needed it lol. Went back to air and it sucks having to fill it up after every run but it works every time. I fill my tank with air to about 150psi via a handheld craftsman compressor, that seems to be the sweet spot for my bike.

Now that you have the air shifter, you ever think about doing an auto shift too? I have a boost by smith shift light/autoshifter and its pretty slick. Guess LSR is different and probably have a bit more time in each gear but the autoshift is really nice in drag racing to hit the perfect shift everytime since the gears are so short with drag gearing.

200mph on a dirt road seems just nutty! So badass
SpazOnaZX likes this.

post #204 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks! I think I took some advice/parts from your set up too... it may or may not have been Medic's... I hit my head too much to remember everything, hehe.

Yea, with the non-pavement LSR stuff you have a lot more time, but shift points are still kind of a 'feel' thing for me based on traction... I try to run out the tach as far as I can in each gear before it really starts to spin badly.... the shift points aren't all that consistent for me yet.

Since I'm triggering the solenoid with the MS3Pro, I could easily have it 'auto-shift' at designated RPM breakpoints by gear. If this little bit of arm lets me hook it up in first gear I may just do that. I used to have a half-ass set-up like that with the old PC3... I'd just set the QS window minimum at my shift point and just preload the lever with my toe all the time. Not so great on the shift forks looking back on it now, but it was dead consistent and so easy to ride, especially out on road courses!

As far as the bottle goes, I'll play with it and report back. I'm going to use CO2, but I think the big trick is keeping liquid/slosh out of the regulator and solenoid. My bottle mounting should be straight up-and-down, so hopefully that will work. On the LSR Harleys we use the pingle set-up on 125ish PSI... and it works dead perfect... you just have to fill it up after every run. :) They use a bigger cylinder though, so I'm going to up my pressure a bit at first and see where it goes.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 01-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.
post #205 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Glad to see your still pushing the lsr stuff. I'm almost all healed up from surgery and waiting on my new bike to come in. Hopefully it'll be one worth taking out to the pavement events.
SpazOnaZX likes this.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
post #206 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Oh yea, it should be fun... especially if they do Springerville again this year. The high altitude and winds were just murdering the NA bikes.... Long'n'low S1000RR were trapping high 140's in the HALF mile up there.... need boost to play up at 9000 feet. :)

It sure would be awesome to catch an event with you this season.... shoot me a PM/text/whatever when you get that new beast. :)

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 01-03-2018 at 07:46 PM.
post #207 of 211 Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll let you know when I'm picking it up if you want. If you know anyone looking for a concours mines sitting at SV cycles for sale.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
post #208 of 211 Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ha! I'm the only loon I know that would ride one that doesn't already own one, but I'll keep it in mind. Seeing the new H2 before you scoop it away would be cool... if I'm not at work I'd be down. :)

post #209 of 211 Old 02-16-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Mini update:

No pictures yet, as I somehow broke the lens on my camera/phone.... but the +5" extension/air shifter combo is success! I'm sure a few of you fellow ZX-10R riders have heard this before, but HOLY SHIT what a difference 5" can make!! I have to learn how to sit further back in the seat now, as a cold tire and sitting to far forward will actually spin the tire in first... unbelievable that it will just light the tire at 60-70mph when it comes up on to boost! Second gear on gate pressure is no long a pucker exercise either... it's amazing how much slower it feels when it's not trying to throw you off or shake its head at over 120mph.

The air shifter is just tits; why, oh why, has it taken me so long to try one of these things?! Kill times are easily half of what I had to use with the sloppy foot linkage/shifting (I'm down to 40ms, even through first... haven't tried any lower yet). Just flick the horn button and it freaking goes, and haven't had to throw more than 130psi through the regulator. Being able to WFO 1st gear and shift with my feet behind me makes this thing a goddamn riot on the street! I even made some eccentric adjustable footpeg/swingarm stand combo pieces to take advantage of it... having my feet behind me instead of under me is making it a lot easier to take some weight of the bars.

...I think I'm going to need a stronger clutch basket now. :)
gaz likes this.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 02-16-2018 at 02:36 PM.
post #210 of 211 Old 02-18-2018, 05:26 PM
gaz
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

having never ridden a stk wb zx10, or any 10 for that matter, my swb 10 with 188 rwhp was scary as hell to ride. front tire skimming the pavement at over 100 mph with no steering damper it always felt like a tank slapper was just a tick away. thought i was riding my old 3cyl h2 again. 6+ inch extensions made a huge difference, became stable at all speeds. i run 120 lbs air on all my air shifters and they work great. if running a in line air gauge, bleed the pressure off the system when not in use otherwise most gauges end up registering 40-50 lbs with no air pressure applied. i only use about 25-30 lbs in 5 shifts. u can close ur valve, preload shift lever with foot on top and tap button few times to bleed down. agree little added wb/air shifter make going fast easier. btw, my hard foam 4inch stepped seat i had made really locks u firmley in place, no ass sliding back in seat, no stretched out arms hanging onto clip ons, as good a mod as first 2 mentioned.
SpazOnaZX and michael4012 like this.

Last edited by gaz; 02-18-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
diy, fast, megasquirt, tuning, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in