New to the AiM Solo (anyone else?) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-07-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

New to the AiM Solo (anyone else?)

I just recently bought the AiM Solo DL, so far I LOVE this damn thing! I have worked with some AiM stuff in the past (couple years ago on a team doing some AMA stuff) but had some sponsor issues and lost the bike with the data... So didn't get to play with it much.

But having it on my own bike, is ever better because now I actually relate to what had happened in each lap or session.

So just curious if anyone else on here is using the AiM stuff and if you have any tips and tricks maybe we could all share with each other to help us along.

My first attempt at using it was at a trackday a couple weeks ago where I was doing some private coaching. So the data I have as a result isn't very good. But it's still be a LOT of fun messing with it. I cannot wait to do a race with this thing!

I took a few screen shots and pix for anyone that might be interested.

I mounted it through the ignition whole, works great there. Easy to see while riding.

Track map overlayed onto google earth, doesn't line up perfectly, but it's helpful... Wish it was more accurate though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Wow no one on here?
post #3 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 03:56 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm on here!

But I wish I could help you with that! Looks pretty darn sweet though the data that can be captured by it. Might have to look into one myself.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #4 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you have it capturing ecu data? If so how is it connected?

I'm dialed in Euro style.
post #5 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 04:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have one but as of now it's and expensive lap timer. I'd need someone in the pits to translate and show me where I can fix things and relay what needs to be changed on the bike to a crew chief. Might sell mine and get the regular Solo.
post #6 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
I'm on here!

But I wish I could help you with that! Looks pretty darn sweet though the data that can be captured by it. Might have to look into one myself.
lol I know you guys are here, I just thought more people would have one and respond. I would HIGHLY recommend it! I think the damn this is AWESOME!

I wish I could have sprung for the EVO though, then you can have potentiometers and brake pressure sensors which would be awesome. But for twice the price, no thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
Do you have it capturing ecu data? If so how is it connected?
I do, that's the best part. I bought the bike specific cable, it plugs in to a plug that sits behind the dash. Without that capability, I wouldn't have bought it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
I have one but as of now it's and expensive lap timer. I'd need someone in the pits to translate and show me where I can fix things and relay what needs to be changed on the bike to a crew chief. Might sell mine and get the regular Solo.
You have the SOLO DL and don't use it? It's not really that hard... Hook that bitch up! I'll gladly help you get it set up. Reviewing the data is actually pretty easy. You can zoom in on sections, corners, etc... and pick things apart.

I'm doing some coaching this weekend, but I am going to have one of our top locals take my bike out for a session, just because I want to see some data from him to overlay with mine for comparison purposes.

For example, you can take a particular corner, zoom in and turn stuff on. I can turn on the "LEAN ANGLE" measurement. Then I can look at a few things. 1.) How long did it take for me to get from upright to full lean? Once at full lean, how long did it take for me to pick the bike up? Then how long did it take me to get pinned?

Or look at how smooth you are at max lean, either the lean angle or TPS.

So far, I can't get on myself too much, I was riding around in intermediate with a stupid, as you can imagine, there is some nasty looking stuff on the data! LOL I'll post up some more screen shots. But hook that thing up! (assuming you have the cable to connect it to your bike!)
post #7 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It's hooked up and working but I just can't really benefit from it. I'd need someone else's data to overly with mine to compare. Right now it just shows me information. I've got data in my suit too, it just showed me how fast I crashed my brains out at lol.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 05:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

post #9 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
It's hooked up and working but I just can't really benefit from it. I'd need someone else's data to overly with mine to compare. Right now it just shows me information. I've got data in my suit too, it just showed me how fast I crashed my brains out at lol.
Did you look at the "Split Report" and compare data from 2 different sessions with differing splits?

That's one good way to evaluate yourself when you don't have anyone elses data to compare with.

The "Split Report" shows all your segments (however you have them set up) and will identify your best splits. This way you can compare any 2 (or more) laps against each other. Zoom in on a particular split to see why one was better than another...

Just a thought, although if you wanted to sell it, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be willing to pick it up!
post #10 of 22 Old 01-09-2017, 05:56 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

How does it compare to Woolich logging? Do you get more parameters?

I'm dialed in Euro style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.