MWR WSBK Airfilter - Worth it? - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 03-23-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I was just using combined AFR. This spring one of the projects on tap is to weld bungs to each cylinder on the header and tune both the 4th and 5th gens by individual cylinder. But until it gets warm and stays above 50 degrees here, I can't run the dyno and I want to build up a solid base map there first. That way I can then take the bike out and use the AT to trim the individual cylinder fuel maps at speed and then for each individual gear.
Thats awesome! If you get that data would you mind posting it up? Or at least a general % difference you found. Pretty please with a cherry on top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 07:34 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm looking into 1 of these also C3L!have you got yours on yet mate?
post #13 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
I'm looking into 1 of these also C3L!have you got yours on yet mate?
Yes sir, I have it still sitting in the box in the bag it comes in. My engine is out of my bike right now with the head getting some work done to it but hope to have it all back together by the end of April. Once I make it to the track I'll post some time slips from the drag strip to show any difference between the MWR WSBK filter and my BMC Race filter I currently have.

Plan to dyno it too but might wait until mid summer when its back to stock wheel base so the numbers look higher than with the 12" stretch on it lol.

I'm planning on doing some standing half mile racing in September and depending how the drag strip testing and dyno goes I'd like to try swapping filters there too as I feel like that'd be where the filter would really shine.

But do plan on posting up some slips and dyno numbers in this thread!
peterd10r likes this.

post #14 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 10:45 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Just a heads up, you're not likely to see much of anything on the dyno. It's designed to work at speed. So static dyno = no pressurized intake/airbox = filter isn't working in the conditions it was designed for. You may gain a little something from the differences between the flow rates between the MWR and BMC though.

But you'll definitely see it and notice it at the track as the one guy earlier he said he picked up 5 MPH from it. (I'm not a drag racer so I don't know if that's a huge gain or not haha). At speed I noted a 3-5% hit to my AFR depending on RPM/load/gear while data logging so I figured since that was the only thing I changed, it must be the reason.
post #15 of 20 Old 03-24-2017, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Just a heads up, you're not likely to see much of anything on the dyno. It's designed to work at speed. So static dyno = no pressurized intake/airbox = filter isn't working in the conditions it was designed for. You may gain a little something from the differences between the flow rates between the MWR and BMC though.

But you'll definitely see it and notice it at the track as the one guy earlier he said he picked up 5 MPH from it. (I'm not a drag racer so I don't know if that's a huge gain or not haha). At speed I noted a 3-5% hit to my AFR depending on RPM/load/gear while data logging so I figured since that was the only thing I changed, it must be the reason.
That's kind of what I've heard is that on the dyno it doesn't always show much for gains but in the real world on the street and track is where it really shines. Why I'm not in a huge rush to throw it on the dyno compared to getting out on the track and do back to back testing. Might try to do some 9/10th's gps runs in Mexico this summer once its back to swb and want to try swapping out filters when I do those tests as well as I'd thinking this filter should give me a bit more mph during that too.

5 mph is huge in the quarter for just doing an air filter! If I can get those kind of gains, I bet all my buddies have these filters by year end lol
ZX10RArcher likes this.
post #16 of 20 Old 03-26-2017, 06:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I love those filters, but you have to tune to them via trim tables, they just lean the bike, when you hit 6th, and start leaving the s1000rr behind.
Driver-311 likes this.
post #17 of 20 Old 04-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:

The gains i saw were from doing the filter and gutting the ram air at the same time. Either way 4-5mph is HUGE. And I've seen it consistently
post #18 of 20 Old 04-09-2017, 02:54 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
I love those filters, but you have to tune to them via trim tables, they just lean the bike, when you hit 6th, and start leaving the s1000rr behind.
Are these gen4s or gen5s I really wish I waited the extra 4days to get this. I'm running a DNA filter at the moment.
post #19 of 20 Old 04-09-2017, 09:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfamous60 View Post
Are these gen4s or gen5s I really wish I waited the extra 4days to get this. I'm running a DNA filter at the moment.
Both.
post #20 of 20 Old 06-22-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I was just using combined AFR. This spring one of the projects on tap is to weld bungs to each cylinder on the header and tune both the 4th and 5th gens by individual cylinder. But until it gets warm and stays above 50 degrees here, I can't run the dyno and I want to build up a solid base map there first. That way I can then take the bike out and use the AT to trim the individual cylinder fuel maps at speed and then for each individual gear.
Any luck on doing that testing? If so, would you be willing to share your info for the masses?

Hope to get my bike up and running in a few weeks and it'd be sweet to know what kind of results you saw as you're the only one I know that was doing such a great test!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.