1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 07-04-2017, 12:45 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3r3ds0x View Post
I installed these on my bike back in June. Have around 2500 miles on them and they are fine. Billet aluminum, I'm not sure what makes a pair that costs 4x as much better. These look just as well as they did when I installed them and work just as well as my stock levers.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cl...levers+ride+it
Speaking strictly of paso they are made to order in Canada. You pay for their engineering and Asian manufacturing

That justifies it for me

2013 ZX-10R | Woolich Racing Tuned | M4 GP | Riflemans Throttle Insert | 3D GP 520 -1/+2 | Sato Racing Rearset | Zero G Windscreen | LED projection headlamps | Respring & valving front/rear suspension | 110% Squid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 07-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron403 View Post
Speaking strictly of paso they are made to order in Canada. You pay for their engineering and Asian manufacturing

That justifies it for me
For some things I would definitely agree but when we are talking about a chunk of metal cut to a certain dimensions with no moving parts I can't justify the 4x the cost. I'll be sure to report back if they crumple in my hands or something like that.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3r3ds0x View Post
For some things I would definitely agree but when we are talking about a chunk of metal cut to a certain dimensions with no moving parts I can't justify the 4x the cost. I'll be sure to report back if they crumple in my hands or something like that.

We are talking about grade of the alloy and the purity. Anyone can melt some alloy and than CNC them to shape.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSTuner View Post
We are talking about grade of the alloy and the purity. Anyone can melt some alloy and than CNC them to shape.
Totally got ya. Mine are 7075 aluminum. Perhaps that is the same aluminum I put on a cookie sheet to baking cookies, I've no idea. I do know that it's just a lever not a piston or other critical engine part. They are solid as a rock, and they look as good as they did when I put them on 4700 miles ago. They operate flawlessly and feel great in my hands. Am I missing something here? At the end of the day I'm happy with my purchase and was simply trying to pass on information that might prove useful for some.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I was just answering the question why some cost more than others. As long as you are happy with your lever. I personally have send back 3 levers back to asv for a free swap when I went down at track day. So the f3 or c5 would be worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.