Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How to disable Subthrottle valve actuator and sensor

Gen 4: 2011-15 
17K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Brandonbergonia 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I remove flappers from subthrottle bodies and then on my dash appear F1 error code 62 and 32 :) I fix it and want to post here...

1. buy Capacitor 25v 500 microfarad, Resistor 8.2 Ohm 2 set.
2. Set this Resistor plus side on the actuator connector and than connect Capacitor (I had cut this connector and set there in line) (see pics)
3. take Subthrottle sensor and turn in 90 % not 100% and drill there and put some little pin and make stronger that not pull out.
4. :banana-metal: that's all it will disappear your Code 62 but, if not, disconnect battery 2 or 3 minute and then connect, if there will be again this code trust me that you have not move normally your subthrottle sensor in 90 %,
5. Ok let's make like this that was not any mistake, take tool and turn manually with your hand first 60 % turn on ingnation if code will be turn off ignation and than turn in 70 % and atc...(but don't forget that this capasitor and resistor must already installed in Valve actuator connector.) when you will see that was disappear, remember this turn % in sensor, drill and pull there some pin :)

Note: when you will turn off this bodies sensor and actuator must already removed flappers of course :) :thumbsup:

Have a nice day all !

Georgia, Tbilisi

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol

I'll give you one magic recommendation: :thumbsup:

Take service manual and see topic:
Subthrottle Valve Actuator Resistance Inspection and there see
Measure the subthrottle valve actuator resistance.
Subthrottle Valve Actuator Resistance
Connections: Y/BK lead [1] ←→ P/BL lead [2]
G lead [3] ←→ BK/O lead [4]
Standard: About 6.3 ∼ 9.5 Ω
if there is 6.3 ~ 9.5, you will need 7 or 8 ohm resistor, if there will be 10 ~ 14 = 12 or 13 ohm resistor :D with capasitor 25 v or 16 v.
Kawasaki factory founder will find me and kill me I think so :D LOL
Note: DO NOT FORGET THAT CAPASITOR MUST PLUG CORRECTLY + -

Attachments

#6 ·
06 zx14 code 62? help me

i just got a 06 zx14 which sat for 2yrs and i got new battery, drained gas,change oil and coolant before running...well cranked up and let it sit and run and boom something crazy happens the throttle handle is shifting back and forth and making engine rev well after that happen engine keeps steady throttle at 2k rpm.. well i can hold throttle foward when it does it and it stops it almost like freeplay is wrong but it only idle high when i let go the throttle handle... fi code pops up and saids 62 which is subthrottle actuator valve. so i did some looking and took gastank off and check throttle body well i find gut wrenching discovery someone has taken the darn secondary blades out. well what can i do? will the mod listed in the forum work on my zx14? i really just wont it to quit revving by itself and light to go away?

#7 ·
secondary flie removal does not throw a fi code on a zx14 or cause the problem ur having. sounds like your throttle push/pull cables are adjusted wrong or the nylon stop on throttle tube damaged. most piped zx14's have the secondary flies removed for much stronger midrange. setting for 2 years, should consider getting those fuel injectors professionally cleaned/flowed.

#8 ·
So i removed my ghost revving problem for now on 06 zx14 and has code 62, i had the idle up that makes contact with the throttle and it would start pushing the throttle at odd times so i took that linkage off and disabled it so now it wont work the throttle up when cold. at least i can drive it but i still have the code 62 and no flaps but i rear that zx14 needs to be at 5-7ohms for subthrottle actuator but i just bought a 6.2ohm high resistors and couple 25v 470uf capacitors so any tips on how to fix this? will i need to do the same shown above with pin place through the sensor that i think is above the main tps? one black which is main tps and the grey is secondarys.. the bikes subthrottle i can hear them rackiting back and forth mechanical noise but the actuator would start twitching out and push the linkage of the secondary into main throttle and would be a wild times that was dangerous does that sound normal for it to make bike rev up on its own? help please im tired of code 62 and ive also got bike idle at like 1150-1200rpm when warm

#9 ·
not to hijack this thread but that zx14 actuator has plastic gears that are known to strip if linkage forced for any reason, requires replacement tb's. sounds like what ur describing. the secondary flie rods can be sticking, needing lubrication. i have a clean 06 set less injectors with flies still in for $50 plus shipping. just use your injectors. lots of guys have tried to remove secondary rods from the zx14, no one i know of has been able to bypass the fi code as ur trying to do. suggest replacing, not as bad a job as appears, i pull/reinstall them all the time. certain steps to remove them pretty easily, be glad to help if needed.

#11 ·
Hello everyone,
I remove flappers from subthrottle bodies and then on my dash appear F1 error code 62 and 32 :) I fix it and want to post here...

1. buy Capacitor 25v 500 microfarad, Resistor 8.2 Ohm 2 set.
2. Set this Resistor plus side on the actuator connector and than connect Capacitor (I had cut this connector and set there in line) (see pics)
3. take Subthrottle sensor and turn in 90 % not 100% and drill there and put some little pin and make stronger that not pull out.
4. :banana-metal: that's all it will disappear your Code 62 but, if not, disconnect battery 2 or 3 minute and then connect, if there will be again this code trust me that you have not move normally your subthrottle sensor in 90 %,
5. Ok let's make like this that was not any mistake, take tool and turn manually with your hand first 60 % turn on ingnation if code will be turn off ignation and than turn in 70 % and atc...(but don't forget that this capasitor and resistor must already installed in Valve actuator connector.) when you will see that was disappear, remember this turn % in sensor, drill and pull there some pin :)

Note: when you will turn off this bodies sensor and actuator must already removed flappers of course :) 👍

Have a nice day all !

Georgia, Tbilisi
Bro can i ask? What i will buy capacitor and resistor for this?ninja Ex250r

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.