GiPro What it Really Does !!!!!!!!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 233 Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

GiPro What it Really Does !!!!!!!!!!

Ok, finally got around to taking readings. This is for a 04/05 ZX10R but 06/07 models should work the same unless the GiPro is different for each models as they should have different pins(maybe different part # as well because of the pins) but most likely the same for both as the gear mechanisms pass the same voltage for both Generations to the ECU but you never know if the Mapping for each gear is different so 06/07 owners take that for what it's worth:

SETTINGS

- Normal Mode
TRE NOT ACTIVE All voltages Normal per Manual specs

1- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx10r only

Neutral 4.47v Same as Ivanís TRE

2- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Softer Setting for zx10r and zx14
4th Gear 1.4v

3- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v

4- TRE Active in 2-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v (1st gear is normal voltage to the ECU)

Hopes this settles it at least it will for me as there will always be old Suk guys that assume Ivans TRE does 5th gear so the ZX10R does it as well.

I will answer any questions but mind you this is not related to PCIII only what the ECU sees. Thanks

bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 04-22-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 233 Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

thank you bluedevil

2004 ZX10R, mostly kinda stock
post #3 of 233 Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So does this mean the hard setting is the best for performance? The voltages mean very little to me... I'm an electrocreaton

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R

post #4 of 233 Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just a bit of info that may help. The GI Pro unit as provided is specific to the 06/07 model. If ordered for an 04/05 it is the same unit with an adapter plug as the bike looms are slightly different

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #5 of 233 Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYZX10R View Post
thank you bluedevil

No problem I always wanted to see myself how it works compared to the IVANS TRE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill View Post
So does this mean the hard setting is the best for performance? The voltages mean very little to me... I'm an electrocreaton

Since Ivan did testing on the zx10R and picked Neutral as the best voltage then most likely that setting is the preferred one to be in......but he also said to move the sub-throttle sensor as well but with Gipro they don't recommend that mainly because of the special tools required.

The main thing here from my test shows there is a Setting that acts exactly like Ivan's so if you wanted to do the sub-throttle setting and believe that works the best than you have that option. The only difference is you get a gear indicator to Boot and the option to turn it off if you like or try the 4th gear setting or 6th gear setting which we didn't know until I did the test.

Here is a quick breakdown since you don't like the voltage stuff. LOL

Gipro

Setting Normal-- same as stock
Setting #1 - Neutral and same as Ivan's TRE
Setting #2 - 4th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #3 - 6th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #4 - 6th Gear simulation gears 2-6 only.
post #6 of 233 Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

still kinda lost on what all that means. guess thats why im a SQUID!!!!!!!!

2007 zx10r
2010 zx14r
post #7 of 233 Old 06-30-2007, 07:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris184 View Post
still kinda lost on what all that means. guess thats why im a SQUID!!!!!!!!
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me

post #8 of 233 Old 06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
No problem I always wanted to see myself how it works compared to the IVANS TRE.

Since Ivan did testing on the zx10R and picked Neutral as the best voltage then most likely that setting is the preferred one to be in......but he also said to move the sub-throttle sensor as well but with Gipro they don't recommend that mainly because of the special tools required.

The main thing here from my test shows there is a Setting that acts exactly like Ivan's so if you wanted to do the sub-throttle setting and believe that works the best than you have that option. The only difference is you get a gear indicator to Boot and the option to turn it off if you like or try the 4th gear setting or 6th gear setting which we didn't know until I did the test.

Here is a quick breakdown since you don't like the voltage stuff. LOL

Gipro

Setting Normal-- same as stock
Setting #1 - Neutral and same as Ivan's TRE
Setting #2 - 4th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #3 - 6th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #4 - 6th Gear simulation gears 2-6 only.
Find this interesting though. In the instructions it says that the tre is auto off in neutral to ensure smooth idling etc. Why if it is mapping neutral, would it need to turn off as it's already in that map

post #9 of 233 Old 06-30-2007, 07:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Is there a difference between neutral ignition timing and 6th gear ignition timing? Will these cause any danger to the bike if the bike is not tuned with pc3?

Btw if ivan's tre makes the bike think it is in neutral all the time, and if kawi designed a more aggressive ignition timing for 6th gear, wouldn't it cause loss of power in 5th and 6th gears?
post #10 of 233 Old 06-30-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill View Post
Find this interesting though. In the instructions it says that the tre is auto off in neutral to ensure smooth idling etc. Why if it is mapping neutral, would it need to turn off as it's already in that map
You have to read between the lines what's going on. If the TRE can also be in 4th and 6th gear why would you want the TRE on in Neutral? So you are almost right but I suspect because of the other Setting choices it just shuts it down all together in Neutral. When your in setting #1 you never leave the Neutral map.. but if your in the 4th or 6th gear map you will be shut off to Neutral when you get out of gear. Hope that makes sense.

One other thing I was one of the original test cases for the Gipro and reported back to Herbert at Heal Tech. I pointed out all the discrepancies I found in the Instructions. Guess I missed that one but only because we never knew what it actually did at the time until now.

bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 06-30-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.