GiPro What it Really Does !!!!!!!!!! - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 233 Old 07-11-2007, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunitk View Post
Way ahead of you, redline won't be coming around these parts soon and if he does it will be worse for him next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 233 Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rip View Post
I was wondering if you knew weather or not the GIPro in eather setting 1 or setting 2, held open the ecu controlled secondaries slightly to accomplish the elimination of the off on throttle jerkyness that this unit dose away with. I installed one on my 04 ZX10R and setting 1 creates a big hole in the power at 4500 to 5000 rpms. Setting 2 works fine but I reasently installed a power commander and down loaded a map form this site that said it was for a ZX10 with a TRE. This map really leans the mixture out at 0 to 40% throttle and the bike runs real well with the GIPro set on setting #1, hard setting. I would guess that this map is lean to compensate for the TRE opening the secondaries further and sooner. What is your accessment if you don't mind me asking.

Hopefully someone else can chime in, I am only reporting without a PCIII and don't know the effects of each GIpro settings with custom or down loadable mappings..sorry.
post #33 of 233 Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline659 View Post
I hope no one here actually believes that the ecu is actually changing the timing curve that is going to the motor when you plug in a TRE.

Yeah I tend to agree with you for the zx10, it is definetly a grey area though wot the ecu does with the gear postion switch input, Id say speedo readings, start inhibit in gear with clutch disengaged, possibly increased opening rate of secondary butterflies(as this is adjustable in the race ecu), and probably doesnt effect ignition timing, and having a neutral input from gear switch will eliminate fuel cut off at closed throttle/deceleration.(also adjustable on race ecu - fuel cut off on deceleration on/off)

post #34 of 233 Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by technic View Post
Yeah I tend to agree with you for the zx10, it is definetly a grey area though wot the ecu does with the gear postion switch input, Id say speedo readings, start inhibit in gear with clutch disengaged, possibly increased opening rate of secondary butterflies(as this is adjustable in the race ecu), and probably doesnt effect ignition timing, and having a neutral input from gear switch will eliminate fuel cut off at closed throttle/deceleration.(also adjustable on race ecu - fuel cut off on deceleration on/off)

you make as much sense as redline which by the way has been banned from this site for attitude and not only in this thread but many others.

Now,speed has nothing to do with anything...your first fault...gear position does hence the TRE and GiPro. This thread was started to tell members what Gear the TRE (Ivans) and the GIpro is in for each setting. It's up to the members to figure out what is best but there is no doubt that a gear change effects ECU conditions.
post #35 of 233 Old 07-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah ok delete reference bout the speed, the rest I will still stand by
post #36 of 233 Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Just a quick note to everyone who picks one of these up. I had no problem getting this thing put in, took about an hour. The hardest part was pulling the pins out of the harness. What I ended up doing was using a small screwdriver to pull the retaining clip back and then using a pair of surgical clips to pull the cable out. a screwdriver works well on the female side but you can bend the pins on the male side way to easy.
post #37 of 233 Old 07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

so wich is better

ivans tre or the gi pro im kinda understanding whats going on with the tre but i cant make up the decision wich one to get
post #38 of 233 Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I can't tell you "this one is better" but I would say it depends more on if you want the gear indicator or not. Note that the power commander and the TRE do different things so you can use both the power commander and either one of the TRE's or just the TRE by itself.
post #39 of 233 Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Smile gipro

just installed my gipro on an 06...... seem to like the second setting the best so far.....a little smoother i think though there is not a big difference to me tween 1 or 2.

i really like the gear indicator though! it is worth it just for that to me..

i am also 1 down front, arka pipes, and disabled butterfly in mid pipe......

sure sounds good!!!

harry

2008 ZX-10R Green 'bout time!!
2006 zx-10r green (SOLD!!)
2003 zrx 1200r blue (SOLD!!)
2002 GL 1800 yellow
post #40 of 233 Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

anybody wanna sell theirs for an 04????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.