GiPro What it Really Does !!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 233 Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

With gipro off. I am a fairly light rider, so by the seat of the pants, my bike didn't powerstand easily. Was a pain in the arse as wot in first it seemed the bike found the easies track was to accelerate moving light mass easier than picking up the wheel. However at nearly 12 tho rpm would pick up and whellspin just a bit as you were trying to clutch for 2nd gear. With it on setting #1 (hard neutral map) no more power up top but powerstands smoothly at about 7 tho rpm in first with about 3/4 throttle. Bags more midrange.... outstanding powerstands, and heaps smoother, especially downshifting, no jerkiness on roll off. Setting #2 Could not detect any great difference to it being off... still seemed jerky. Have actually tested it by switching it off, rolling in first at 60kph going wot and just get acceleration, then repeating the exersise straight away with setting #1 and every time powerstand at about 6500 rpm wot. Before anyone jumps on me about my bike not powerstanding in first, there is nothing wrong with the bike, think it's just my weight as the roll on races I have had, have been with current model cb100rr, an 05 gixxer thou and an o6 10 (stock) these were all before the GI Pro was fitted and all I have is a slip on hindle can. Walked away from the blade, and the gixxer. The 10 trailed behind me till abot 250kph by about 1/2 bike length (ie he was front axle level with my leg) then he seemed to pick up a very small margin before we woosed out.

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R

Last edited by thrill; 07-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 233 Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Gone

Posting Frequency

i'm going to get my bike mapped with #1 setting. should i rotate the sub throttle sensor forward like the ivans tre sugests if they're both the 'neutral' map?
post #23 of 233 Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I hope no one here actually believes that the ecu is actually changing the timing curve that is going to the motor when you plug in a TRE.

Last edited by redline659; 07-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.

post #24 of 233 Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline659 View Post
I hope no one here actually believes that the ecu is actually changing the timing cure that is going to the motor when you plug in a TRE.
No, we like many other forums like to create myths like the TRE or as you say things about the "timing cure" what ever that means . Your username rings a bell didn't I have to tell you or respond to something about your attitude in another thread. ...move along unless you have some concrete evidence other wise this thread is not for you. :headshake
post #25 of 233 Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
No, we like many other forums like to create myths like the TRE or as you say things about the "timing cure" what ever that means . Your username rings a bell didn't I have to tell you or respond to something about your attitude in another thread. ...move along unless you have some concrete evidence other wise this thread is not for you. :headshake

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #26 of 233 Old 07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Haha, your the guy that thinks your going to be able to get a positive pressure in the air box with ram air, you are a total retard, and good luck with that.
post #27 of 233 Old 07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Gone

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Haha, your the guy that thinks your going to be able to get a positive pressure in the air box with ram air, you are a total retard, and good luck with that.
and what has that got to do with this thread? :headshake
post #28 of 233 Old 07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about, don't be a dumb dumb dopey
post #29 of 233 Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what your talking about, don't be a dumb dumb dopey

Name:  Misc-Do_not_feed_the_trolls.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  30.9 KB
post #30 of 233 Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Ok, finally got around to taking readings. This is for a 04/05 ZX10R but 06/07 models should work the same unless the GiPro is different for each models as they should have different pins(maybe different part # as well because of the pins) but most likely the same for both as the gear mechanisms pass the same voltage for both Generations to the ECU but you never know if the Mapping for each gear is different so 06/07 owners take that for what it's worth:

SETTINGS

- Normal Mode
TRE NOT ACTIVE All voltages Normal per Manual specs

1- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx10r only

Neutral 4.47v Same as Ivanís TRE

2- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Softer Setting for zx10r and zx14
4th Gear 1.4v

3- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v

4- TRE Active in 2-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v (1st gear is normal voltage to the ECU)

Hopes this settles it at least it will for me as there will always be old Suk guys that assume Ivans TRE does 5th gear so the ZX10R does it as well.

I will answer any questions but mind you this is not related to PCIII only what the ECU sees. Thanks

bloo
I was wondering if you knew weather or not the GIPro in eather setting 1 or setting 2, held open the ecu controlled secondaries slightly to accomplish the elimination of the off on throttle jerkyness that this unit dose away with. I installed one on my 04 ZX10R and setting 1 creates a big hole in the power at 4500 to 5000 rpms. Setting 2 works fine but I reasently installed a power commander and down loaded a map form this site that said it was for a ZX10 with a TRE. This map really leans the mixture out at 0 to 40% throttle and the bike runs real well with the GIPro set on setting #1, hard setting. I would guess that this map is lean to compensate for the TRE opening the secondaries further and sooner. What is your accessment if you don't mind me asking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.