GiPro What it Really Does !!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 233 Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill View Post
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me
That's about right thrill from what I understand as well, but when it comes to busa's or zx14s or other bikes Ivan makes TRE's to work in different gears to achieve many different things per bike like a higher Top Speed, or like for the 10r the on-off throttle abruptness (all 1k bikes do not have a speed limiter per say but are limited by power for the 186mph barrier for the most part) In the zx10Rs case he must have went through every voltage vs gear and determined the Neutral Map is the best. Gipro also duplicated that as well and called it the "Hard Setting" so........

Last edited by bluedevil; 06-30-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 233 Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

All the big 1g machines are speed limited...It was an agreement by all 4..Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,YAMAHA...How they are limiting the speed im not sure..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #13 of 233 Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_sez View Post
All the big 1g machines are speed limited...It was an agreement by all 4..Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,YAMAHA...How they are limiting the speed im not sure..
THEY ARE CONTROLLED FROM WHAT i HAVE READ AND EXPERIENCED...BUT NOT LIMITED BY THE "AGREEMENT" FOR THE 1K BIKES. ...shoot in many test most 1ks can't even get near the 186mph barrier ...get it?

post #14 of 233 Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill View Post
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me
thanks for the explanation. im used to just jumping on to ride and not all the technical stuff. im trying to learn though. but its alot. you guys know ur shit. and if you dont know u sure do good homework to find out. i love this site and all the guys in it for your expertise. i love my 10 vey much and wouldnt trade it for nothing except maybe the 08 10. in my bike club there are 39 members. the name is Savage Riderz. of those 39, there is one 10, mine, one 07 zx6r, 1 honda and one yamamaha( ). the rest are SUPUKI'S. the kaw vs zuke battle never ends. mostly 1k's and busa's. they talk so much shit it aint funny. i had a zuke before and got off it for the 10. all the supuki (supuki, haha give me rep for new word) riders say big mistake. i say great move. i dont talk shit no more. i just tell them line up. then they get quiet. pussies. i pulled a biker boy move on one of them. he was talkin shit bout busa's and made reference to the 10. i told him to shut up and mount up and he got quiet. then i said quote "I Figured You Would Bitch Up" in front of everyone and tested his man hood. next thing i know we were at the red light. i let him take off first then passed him in 3rd on one wheel. out here if you racing and someone beats you and there on one wheel its considerd as them basically spitting in your face. I have had no problems from anyone since then. with all that said, i guess it its true. RED IS THE FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 zx10r
2010 zx14r
post #15 of 233 Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Gone

Posting Frequency

thanks for the info bloo, been unsure what setting to use when i get her custom mapped on the 17th
post #16 of 233 Old 07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris184 View Post
thanks for the explanation. im used to just jumping on to ride and not all the technical stuff. im trying to learn though. but its alot. you guys know ur shit. and if you dont know u sure do good homework to find out. i love this site and all the guys in it for your expertise. i love my 10 vey much and wouldnt trade it for nothing except maybe the 08 10. in my bike club there are 39 members. the name is Savage Riderz. of those 39, there is one 10, mine, one 07 zx6r, 1 honda and one yamamaha( ). the rest are SUPUKI'S. the kaw vs zuke battle never ends. mostly 1k's and busa's. they talk so much shit it aint funny. i had a zuke before and got off it for the 10. all the supuki (supuki, haha give me rep for new word) riders say big mistake. i say great move. i dont talk shit no more. i just tell them line up. then they get quiet. pussies. i pulled a biker boy move on one of them. he was talkin shit bout busa's and made reference to the 10. i told him to shut up and mount up and he got quiet. then i said quote "I Figured You Would Bitch Up" in front of everyone and tested his man hood. next thing i know we were at the red light. i let him take off first then passed him in 3rd on one wheel. out here if you racing and someone beats you and there on one wheel its considerd as them basically spitting in your face. I have had no problems from anyone since then. with all that said, i guess it its true. RED IS THE FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats some funny shit...................... Good Kill !!!
post #17 of 233 Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

TMOORIS.....If you let a busa driver take off 1st and then you caught him and then passed him on 1 wheel in 3rd...He didnt get much of a head start and he cant be much of a driver...IM a die hard green guy but a busa aint that much of a slouch...Im callin shannigans!!!!

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #18 of 233 Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_sez View Post
TMOORIS.....If you let a busa driver take off 1st and then you caught him and then passed him on 1 wheel in 3rd...He didnt get much of a head start and he cant be much of a driver...IM a die hard green guy but a busa aint that much of a slouch...Im callin shannigans!!!!
lol..you guys have some good stories but off Topic..this is a sticky for a reason at this point so stay on topic.
post #19 of 233 Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yes, he was not much of a rider. and i knew that. so i tried to embarass him. i dont like to race, but for some reason people always wanna call out the zx10. so i tried to use him to prove a point. i guess it worked cause no one else has said anything since. he is more of a squid than i am. i know a busa is no slouch. i watch my cousin run 9.1's and 9' flats on his all the time. many have heard rumors about the 10 i guess and want to test it out. so fugg him. he is talked about bad now for losing that way. no it wasnt much of a lead but with the right rider if he takes of first it will be hard to make up ground. but no i aint claiming to be a champ rider by posting that. just a lil story i thought was neat cause any chance i can beat a busa i do it cause i hate them so much.

2007 zx10r
2010 zx14r
post #20 of 233 Old 07-04-2007, 08:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
That's about right thrill from what I understand as well, but when it comes to busa's or zx14s or other bikes Ivan makes TRE's to work in different gears to achieve many different things per bike like a higher Top Speed, or like for the 10r the on-off throttle abruptness (all 1k bikes do not have a speed limiter per say but are limited by power for the 186mph barrier for the most part) In the zx10Rs case he must have went through every voltage vs gear and determined the Neutral Map is the best. Gipro also duplicated that as well and called it the "Hard Setting" so........
What was your experience with the hard setting vs the soft settings bloo??? Ive been back and forth with both settings and like the soft setting because the bike runs 10 times smoother!!! Hard settings makes the bike seem to run leaner and rougher. No gap or loss of power as described by other people on this forum with the hard setting. I cant determine which is better and thought id get your opion on the 2 settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.