Gen5 Zx10 Top speed answer - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-27-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Cool Gen5 Zx10 Top speed answer

Hello everyone. since a year ago I have this motorcycle, zx10r 2017, luckily I bought it new, in this time I could change the exhaust, filter and use woolich to change the map. my query is how they do to achieve more than 330km / h. at this time I'm going to put 2 fewer teeth on the back plate and try again, the maximum I could get was 312km / h.

I know it could improve the map, but there is a lot of speed difference, I get to 312 gps at 14000 rpm with the original transmission. thank you very much and excuse my english.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

😬
post #3 of 6 Old 01-02-2018, 09:37 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Maybe down hill in a hurricane.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-02-2018, 11:49 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
312 KPH is 193 MPH, I am asking is that so unheard of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Maybe down hill in a hurricane.
But to get more top end I would use this website to help with what speed you are trying to get to, Gearing Commander ⚙

2017 has not been loaded yet but you can manually plug in the information according to your bike (Redline, sprocket teeth) . Pretty straight forward, biggest problem with going much faster is aerodynamics, from what I have read.

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-02-2018, 01:21 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhastme View Post
312 KPH is 193 MPH, I am asking is that so unheard of?
He was asking how to achieve 330km/h which is 205 and that requires a lot more HP than it takes to reach 193, which I would be surprised if he was able to reach on a GPS (not speedometer) with basic mods. Giving the benefit of the doubt that he's getting 193mph with basic mods and putting out 200HP to get there. He would need roughly another 40HP to get to 205mph. I have a pipe and a flash on my 2016 and am running 195 at the wheel but I can't get anywhere near 193 on the GPS. If that's 193 indicated it would be closer to 185 at the max on GPS and if 200HP gets you to 185 it would take over 270HP to get to 205, everything else being equal, and gearing maximized in both cases.

Last edited by tdh; 01-02-2018 at 01:46 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-02-2018, 03:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
He was asking how to achieve 330km/h which is 205 and that requires a lot more HP than it takes to reach 193, which I would be surprised if he was able to reach on a GPS (not speedometer) with basic mods. Giving the benefit of the doubt that he's getting 193mph with basic mods and putting out 200HP to get there. He would need roughly another 40HP to get to 205mph. I have a pipe and a flash on my 2016 and am running 195 at the wheel but I can't get anywhere near 193 on the GPS. If that's 193 indicated it would be closer to 185 at the max on GPS and if 200HP gets you to 185 it would take over 270HP to get to 205, everything else being equal, and gearing maximized in both cases.
Wow helps if I paid attention and read the OP comment! Little spoon feed for me lol

The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.