Gen 5 Exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Gen 5 Exhaust

Might be a silly question, but.... What are the odds that there is no FI or check engine light after removing the stock Exhaust and installing a Werkes GP pipe? I did leave the servo in under the seat, but obviously removed the cables and stock Cat. Converter & muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
100%
SkyDork likes this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #3 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

So you're saying no lights come on when remove all that? The older bikes the FI light came on right away.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 07:57 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Victors is on it! 100%.

You need to read back 13 years worth of threads on this topic. The older bikes did not come on right away. Not sure where you're getting your info. But the answer to your original question is still 100.000%

Sent from mobile!
Victors likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 08:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Correct :)

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #6 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Interesting... So then, does the ECU assume the servo is wide open, or closed? Does that affect rich/lean conditions? Hopefully getting in to Guhl next few weeks to have it flashed & tuned, just curious how much is affected in the meantime.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

SkyDork, my 2006 636's both did. I just Assumed the zx10's did as well.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ugh. This thread is headed to the trash bin soon, I can tell. So much is wrong here.

If you leave the servo in place, the ECU doesn't know anything is different and no light turns on. Your 2006 636 was the same way until you took the servo out. The ECU doesn't assume anything other than the system is just fine. Therefore there's no fueling differences from the ECU. The airflow will be different and the stock tune is based on what it senses from the O2 readings and is based on the exhaust valve and catalytic converter in place.

You also didn't remove the stock "exhaust". You removed the stock muffler. If you replaced the whole exhaust then you had to screw with the O2 sensor and would cause all sorts of shit to happen. The "exhaust" is the complete system made up of the head pipe, catalytic converter, and muffler. You didn't remove that, only part of it. And if you left the servo in place, the ECU still drives it and you won't see anything. So,
Quote:
"What are the odds that there is no FI or check engine light after removing the stock Exhaust and installing a Werkes GP pipe?"
= 100% no

#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 09-20-2017 at 09:16 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Actually, you're wrong, the FI did set just from removing cables on the 636. I know, I was there. I didn't remove the servo for 4 days, until the servo buddy came in the mail. Like magic, the FI light went off.

And my bad for offending you with the term "Exhaust" as in everything but the "Header", unless you prefer "manifold". 99% of people do not purchase that component, as the performance vs. Cost is not worth jack to them. Therefore, we call mid pipes and slip ons "Exhaust". You sound like you may need a snickers good sir. Or maybe a nap. Enjoy whichever you choose. ?
Victors likes this.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-21-2017, 09:30 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltrievel13 View Post
Actually, you're wrong, the FI did set just from removing cables on the 636. I know, I was there. I didn't remove the servo for 4 days, until the servo buddy came in the mail. Like magic, the FI light went off.

And my bad for offending you with the term "Exhaust" as in everything but the "Header", unless you prefer "manifold". 99% of people do not purchase that component, as the performance vs. Cost is not worth jack to them. Therefore, we call mid pipes and slip ons "Exhaust". You sound like you may need a snickers good sir. Or maybe a nap. Enjoy whichever you choose. ?
I did need both the snickers and the nap. More so just the nap!

The 636 issue is something different of course, but it doesn't make sense that the servo buddy removes the FI light when it just replaces the servo drive unit. So if the servo was still there and you got the FI light on, then the servo buddy is just emulating what that units does. But that's a discussion for another time. Carry on!
Victors likes this.

#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.