Gen 4 : ivans ECU REFLASH cost - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-03-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Gen 4 : ivans ECU REFLASH cost

As the title states I was looking for a REFLASH and have decided that ivans is the route I'd like to go. I have a graves slip on and will have a k & n air filter when the reflash happens. What can I expect to pay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I believe all Ivans flashes are 350.00, right?

There is a Christmas sale, from now until x-mas thats 10% off the flash, and discounts on some other items.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-03-2017, 02:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonda1991x View Post
As the title states I was looking for a REFLASH and have decided that ivans is the route I'd like to go. I have a graves slip on and will have a k & n air filter when the reflash happens. What can I expect to pay?
Why not call him and ask him? He will know more about his costs than any of us.
rcannon likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-03-2017, 10:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Also, pretty sure he has a website

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #5 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Holy smokes, that seems like a ton for a reflash. I'd almost be half tempted at that price to save a bit more and splurge on the woolich setup. Then you could flash it as many times as you'd like for any future mods you would do, dial in the tune better for your bike and could always sell the woolich when you sell your bike and make some of your money back.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

C3, your idea makes sense, and sounds reasonable.

The problem with your idea, or the flaw in it, is this.

Your idea assumes the kit you buy, and the flash Ivan does is the same thing, and its not.

Ivan has access to at least 75% more of the ecu than the kit will ever dream of offering.

So, its not an equal comparison. If a person is dragracing, and all they care about is top end power, then the kit will do a great job.

If you are street riding, and are concerned about small throttle openings,and how the bike feels, thats where Ivan holds a massive advantage.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 10:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon View Post
C3, your idea makes sense, and sounds reasonable.

The problem with your idea, or the flaw in it, is this.

Your idea assumes the kit you buy, and the flash Ivan does is the same thing, and its not.

Ivan has access to at least 75% more of the ecu than the kit will ever dream of offering.

So, its not an equal comparison. If a person is dragracing, and all they care about is top end power, then the kit will do a great job.

If you are street riding, and are concerned about small throttle openings,and how the bike feels, thats where Ivan holds a massive advantage.
You have access to all of that in the Woolich setup... isn't Ivan using Woolich for his flashes anyway lol

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #8 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

No, Ivan developed his own software...that was back in 2012, and probably earlier?

Why would he have taken the time, and spent the money for his own software, if something cheaper/easier offered the access he needed?

And the answer is "about 75% more access".......Its not a slam on them either....

Their kits cover a lot of different bikes and Ivan does'nt. But, if he happens to have a flash for your specific bike, there is a huge difference between him flashing it and using a kit.

Theres a ton of info on this page....and if soemoen has questions, he will answer them.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ecu.htm

Last edited by rcannon; 12-04-2017 at 10:37 AM.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

What can he tune with his flash that you can't in woolich?

Edit:
Looked on his website.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/11zx10r.htm

You can do everything he lists on his website in woolich and then some. If you add the woolich quickshifter you can adjust kill times per gear. You can tune individual cylinders if you wanted to on woolich, adjust the secondary openings to your preference, dial in the a/f ratio for your specific bike on the street with the ram air working, etc.

If you just want a good flash and don't want to monkey with all the tuning stuff, Ivan's or other places would be the way to go. But if you're like me and like to tinker I'd splurge and go woolich!

Last edited by C3L1CA; 12-04-2017 at 10:42 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you like your kit, enjoy it.....

And Im with you...I like messing with jetting, timing, and pretty much any adjustment my motorcycle will allow.

Last edited by rcannon; 12-04-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.