Gen 2: 2006-2007 Gen 1&2 Electrical troubleshooting wisdoms - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 Old 05-27-2015, 02:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Crap that OEM stator is almost double the cost of the Ricks stator! I have heard a story or two about Rick's stators dying prematurely too. I replaced mine with a ricks though and all has all been good. There's a few other members who have also used Rick's stators and haven't had any issues. I think Rick's will stand by their product though if it fails.

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 05-30-2015, 08:35 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well the old battery read 10.50 volts. Dead as dead can be. Installed the new one and it reads 12.28 then 12.44 @3000 rpm. Ok or think I should go after the stator?? any help would be appreciated..
post #23 of 24 Old 05-30-2015, 04:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well this video confirmed my suspicion.. bad stator.. my bike is making the same noise.. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygihY76vs8E

So I went to the dealer to order a new one and yes I got one.. A new 2015 ZX10R AbS green and black ... :) Ill post pics when I pic here up..

post #24 of 24 Old 07-05-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigMan View Post
Well the old battery read 10.50 volts. Dead as dead can be. Installed the new one and it reads 12.28 then 12.44 @3000 rpm. Ok or think I should go after the stator?? any help would be appreciated..
The voltage needs to be higher. 12.44 is not enough to reliably start your bike, it needs to be 12.75 minimum. You probably have a problem with one of the legs on the stator.

The stator has three separate circuits in its copper coil windings. If one of the legs goes bad, then the stator is unable to produce the full 14.4 volts @ 3000 rpm. You can test this by using a multi-meter on the three wire plug for the stator. There should be continuity and less than 0.2 Ohms of resistance between each of the three wires and to frame / battery ground.

2006 ZX-10R :: Just a shade tree mechanic keeping a 75,000 mile beast alive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.