1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carlos76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Exhaust Question

Hey guys,

Couldn't find anything from the search but I was wondering if any one has any experience with MIVV exhaust or the new Austin Racing headers.

Looking at going full exhaust, yes I know the stock headers are good but I'm looking for the mid-range gains from going with a 4-2-1 set up. In any case I see MIVV sells a full titanium exhaust for $1,300 USD but it would involve me having to order it from Italy. So before I place an order on something that could take months due to customs, has any one had any experience with MIVV? Trying to get some feedback on fit and finish.

Another option I'm looking at is Austin Racing now sells full header systems and they fall in the same price point as a full Akro, Arrow, or Leo Vince. The V3 black can looks amazing but I wan't a full system. So any experience with Austin Racing headers? I can't find much on them outside the R1.

Not worried about cost, looking to try a system no one else has really. Nassert Beet is out just because I don't like the look.

Option 1: $1,300USD but I have to import and wait on customs. Lesser known to me. Big can unlike the Austin.
KAWASAKI ZX-10 R Exhaust Mivv Speed Edge Titanium R.KA.0005.SRT - Mivv

Option 2: $2,100, Can order from a site like MotoMummy. Never seen the headers though. But the V3 Carbon slip on look the business
ZX10R 2010-2016 GP3 SLIP-ON EXHAUST SIDE EXIT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MIVV Titanium.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	391361  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-05-2017, 01:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
If you are going full check out the Arata system!Im sure LDH will chime in here and with Japanese products you no it's usuall quality!what about Akrapovic
post #3 of 6 Old 02-05-2017, 01:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
the Arata is pretty sexy!!

ride or die!::weed :

post #4 of 6 Old 02-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have Mivv KA.0005.SRT stainless version, eBay Italy for 720 euros a year ago.
Build quality could be better, I had to smooth rough edges for pipes to fit into eachother and bend middle frame attachment point, nothing too bad thou.
End can is very heavy (2.6kg) in stainless and I quess titanium end can is therefore still heavy too. For my race bike (too loud for street) I replaced my end can with SC project M2 GP carbon can (only 0.7kg...2kg saved), diameter (60mm) fits perfecty.

KA.0005 comes with footpeg replacement bracket (aluminum sheet) and carbon can hugger-bracket, but without DB-killer. KA.0003 other way round.
KA.0005 has bit longer secondary pipes (good for midrange), KA.0003 secondaries are "normal" length.

Bottom line: End can is really ugly, but makes great deep sound, stainless is heavy, buy titanium only if you get great price advantage over alternatives.
Kyle86GT likes this.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-06-2017, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
Bottom line: End can is really ugly, but makes great deep sound, stainless is heavy, buy titanium only if you get great price advantage over alternatives.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what I was looking for. Did you have any issues with customs, as Ebay Italy is where I found it for $1300 full titanium. Next titanium system is Graves at $1800, the the rest at $2100-$2500.

As far as going Akro, I like the evo exhaust but I was just looking for something different. I contacted Austin Racing but they didn't tell me pipe diameter or length but told me it was a 4-2-1 collector, no images available until a few more weeks out.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle86GT View Post
Did you have any issues with customs, as Ebay Italy is where I found it for $1300 full titanium. Next titanium system is Graves at $1800, the the rest at $2100-$2500.
I'm in EU - no tax zone. If you are outside EU, then contact seller and explain that you are outside EU and if they can substract VAT (22% in Italy). This can possibly cover for US taxes and shipping cost.

As for MIVV full exhaust I would not buy it onlly because that can is just too ugly in my opinion (google images: mivv speed edge zx10r).
If your money is limited, then I would post wtb ad here for used gen4 full exhaust.
Or take cheap stainless version and replace end can like I did.

If you have money to spend, then nicest exhaust you find makes you feel good every day.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.